Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Can we use Arlo cameras or webcams for video conferencing in our online school software?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
charlesdevis
Follower
Follower

Hello everyone,

As we continue to navigate online learning, I was wondering if anyone has tried using Arlo cameras or webcams for video conferencing in our school's online software. I have been researching the best webcams for online teaching and came across some interesting options like document cameras. However, I am not sure if Arlo cameras or other webcams are compatible with our online school software. 

I believe that using high-quality cameras can enhance the online learning experience and help us better engage with our students. If anyone has any experience or knowledge about using Arlo cameras or webcams for video conferencing in our online school software, please share your thoughts and recommendations.

Thank you in advance for your help and insights.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@charlesdevis wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has tried using Arlo cameras or webcams for video conferencing

No, that cannot be done.  The cameras are only accessible through the Arlo cloud (using the app or browsing to my.arlo.com).  They are not general-purpose webcams.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@charlesdevis wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has tried using Arlo cameras or webcams for video conferencing

No, that cannot be done.  The cameras are only accessible through the Arlo cloud (using the app or browsing to my.arlo.com).  They are not general-purpose webcams.