Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can we use Arlo Pro, Pro 2, or Ultra to connect with original Arlo?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
owen24
Follower
Follower

My husband & I just purchased the Arlo security system with the Arlo Doorbell. We were wondering if we can use a higher “level” Arlo like the (Arlo pro, pro 2,or the Ultra) to connect with the original Arlo.. Or do we have to use the same “level”??

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@owen24 wrote:
We were wondering if we can use a higher “level” Arlo like the (Arlo pro, pro 2,or the Ultra) to connect with the original Arlo..

I don't understand the question.

The Arlo system comes in two parts, hubs (base stations) and cameras and other devices.

The hub talks to the Internet whole the devices talk to the hub.

Apart form the Arlo Doorbell, what other Arlo kit do you have?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@owen24 wrote:
My husband & I just purchased the Arlo security system with the Arlo Doorbell. We were wondering if we can use a higher “level” Arlo like the (Arlo pro, pro 2,or the Ultra) to connect with the original Arlo.. Or do we have to use the same “level”??

All the bases can handle the original WireFree, Pro, and Pro 2 cameras.  But you do need a newer base to use the Pro 3 and the Ultra.  There is some specific information on this here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

If you have a compatible base, you can use a mix of camera models.  Of course your subscription needs might also change when you add more devices.  Current information on that is here: https://kb.arlo.com/000039111/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-reco...

If this is simply hypothetical (that is, you have no immediate plans to upgrade anything), then I suggest checking back when you do have more tangible plans - new devices are introduced fairly regularly, and subscriptions also do change over time.