Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Koala
Follower
Follower
Is there a configuration page I can reach through my browser or any other way to change the SSID to a name of my choice?
6 REPLIES 6
AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

No, the SSID is not visible.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Any scan will show the SSID... it is visible.

shows up as NTGR_VMB_############

but you can't change it

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

It does not show up like a normal wireless network is what I meant. Sure you can see it in your network.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

AnthonyArmato wrote:

It does not show up like a normal wireless network is what I meant. Sure you can see it in your network.

No... it broadcasts the name ... use a wifi scanner or search for a network via your wifi app ..shows up just fine

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

AnthonyArmato wrote:

No, the SSID is not visible.

Hi, what the user might mean (and I'm curious about that myself) is whether the home network access point SSID can be changed, not the Arlo/Netgear one.

During the initial setup, the current network name is requested/entered. Can this be changed later after the initial setup? It may be necessary if for whatever reason your home network name changes......say you get a new internet provider and new modem/router or just out of good safety practice you choose to change the SSID periodically.

Thank you, any feedback is appreciated.

Paul FCCL

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, if you have any scanning wifi tablet, phone , etc the SSID of the Arlo base is visible but not addressable as no password is given.

Second, you should be able to change you home wifi SSID without problem as the Arlo base uses the ethernet port not your home wifi as access to the internet

Tho I haven't tried it !  🙂