Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot get new successfully synced camera added to app

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CML
Aspirant
Aspirant

I followed the instructions about 15 times to add my new (additional) camera to my base station.  Blue light showed it was successful, and now the camera is actually recording.  But I cannot get the new camera to show up on the app.  

There is no option under app settings to add a new camera, so I assumed it should do this automatically.  The new recordings are showing up under alerts/notifications on my phone, with the default camera serial number ID.  However, the recordings will not go to the Library.  Searched all Q&As and nothing has helped.  

Do I need to press the RESTART button on the app?  I almost did it but was freaked out when it asked me if I was sure I wanted to do that.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The restart button simply reboots. For your issue I think I'd try the power switch instead. Nothing to worry about.

CML
Aspirant
Aspirant

It turned out to be a delay issue.  I had already powered everything off, logged out, etc.  As soon as I hung up after chatting with Netgear, the camera had appeared.  I don't really have an explanation except that there was a huge delay--at least 20 minutes or more.