Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can the  NETGEAR Nighthawk router model RAX80 be used as an Arlo Base Station ? If so - how ?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TheVikingDK
Follower
Follower

I have just bought a Netgear Nighthawk Router model RAX80. Before I bought it, I saw that some Nighthawk routers can be used as an Arlo Base Station but have not been able to find a list supported routers.

Can the  Netgear Nighthawk router model RAX80 be used as an Arlo Base Station ? If so - then how ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been attempts to do this but, since the Arlo firmware is bundled with the router firmware and the two needed updating at different times, it's basically a failed attempt. The only router that tried this was the R7000 but that was removed years ago. The Netgear mobile hotspot (M1?) supports this but has the same issues as above.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been attempts to do this but, since the Arlo firmware is bundled with the router firmware and the two needed updating at different times, it's basically a failed attempt. The only router that tried this was the R7000 but that was removed years ago. The Netgear mobile hotspot (M1?) supports this but has the same issues as above.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheVikingDK wrote:

Can the  Netgear Nighthawk router model RAX80 be used as an Arlo Base Station ? 

Just to be clear...

@jguerdat is telling you "No".