Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't reset VMB3000 base station and Arlo can't detect it. My router is SKY.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
valmayuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a secondhand base station and camera off Facebook and have connected it to my router correctly. The power light is green and the internet light is flashing green. I downloaded the Arlo app and created an account, but when I try to add the base station it isn't getting discovered. I tried pushing the reset button for over 30 seconds and the lights remain green and it won't reset. 

My router is supplied by SKY and I have checked their community message boards, as well as Arlo's and have tried everything suggested.

Any ideas as to what is wrong and what else I can try to resolve the problem? 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The second-hand base is likely your issue. The original owner has to remove it from his account before you can claim it. Only one account at a time can "own" the base.

valmayuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for your reply @jguerdat . I emailed the previous owner and he said he removed the device from his account in June and showed me a screenshot of the mobile app to prove it. It won't reset either. I've tried with pen and paperclip several times for 10 seconds and even 30 seconds. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you pressed the reset button did you feel it click? A few folks have noted that the button seemed a bit out of place and needed to fish around to find it. Also, are you using a phone to set this up? Be sure you're on your WiFi and not cell service for the initial setup. If still failing that, try a computer browser set to https://my.arlo.com to see if that works.

valmayuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply @jguerdat . Yes, I feel it click when I press reset. I tried mobile device and computer browser several times. Can't think what else to try.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fact that the LEDs don't start flashing amber after >10 seconds of holding the reset button is an issue. That flashing indicates the reset is working and that the base is rebooting. Without that, you're not actually resetting. It may just be a faulty base...

valmayuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's what I was afraid of. 😕 Many thanks for your help.