Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
javi88
Tutor
Tutor

Just bought a 5 camera system about 20 minutes ago, trying to send my registration information and first I got a message saying "We are sorry, the messaging service is currently down. Please try again." also got a message saying something along the lines of "the service plan requested in unavailable" Tried from both the app and my computer, the devices are found and connected (all green on the home base), seem to be a problem on your end Not a good look / first impression when I just dropped 700 dollars on all this. Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7
Dodolah
Star
Star
You just happened to purchase the camera on the same day they upgrade their system. Nothing you can do but wait. i think everybody's camera is offline now. I could not wven sign in to my arlo phone app. Kinda annoying the fact that the update was during business hours where most people are not at home. And, they did not inform us the specific time frame of the upgrading.
javi88
Tutor
Tutor

Well thats just splendid. -____-

Yeah a notice would have been nice, I've gone through all their social media outlets and everything is silent..they even took off the live chat (I was waiting in queue for 20 minutes and it got canceled..nice touch netgear. just ignore the storm til it blows over!)

I hope this downtime (unannounced from the looks of it), is not what I may expect. My engine is still warm from picking this up and already see lapses of communication from a company that via their cloud is storing my video, is supposed to have pretty good uptime/communication at the least.

Dodolah
Star
Star
I know an upgrade is coming from the promo email they sent a while ago. But, they never specify the time. Honestly, i purchased this a month ago. They were working pretty good. The stinkers start in late December where they start doing the upgrading process.
javi88
Tutor
Tutor

Lets see if after this, it'll be good for a while. Seems like this is a major update (and hopefully last one for a while)..if not I have no incentive in keeping this. Thanks!

Shirley2015
Guide
Guide

Hi is your system working yet? I just purchased mine and it's 2nd January 2016, and I've had fun with it for 3 days and the machine seems to be stuffed today not recording any movements during the day even when I've armed it.  I deactivated the whole darn thing and It's not letting me connect to the base at all.  Just had some burglaries going on to cars on our road and the dam thing isn't working for me to give the police any evidence. What a waste of $700 for me to.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shirley2015,

If you deactivated the Base Station it will have to be added back to the account by clicking the Add Device button on the cameras screen and then selecting Base Station. Please let us know if you continue experiencing issues!

JamesC

Shirley2015
Guide
Guide

Thank you James C,

My device stopped working all together.  It appears to be a fault with the Base Station.  I have taken the device back to the retailer to have it sent away to be fixed. Hope it comes back soon as we are having a lot of burglaries around my area during the Christmas period. 

Shirley P.