Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries dead after 1 week!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gnarkilljboy
Guide
Guide

I purchassed a 2 back of the Arlo wire free camera, last weekend. Everything work great, but the batteries in the one camera are already dead! I thought they were supposed to last for up to 4 months?

5 REPLIES 5
gnarkilljboy
Guide
Guide
Purchased a 2 pack, lol. *posting from my cell phone.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

gnarkilljboy wrote:

I purchased a 2 pack of the Arlo wire free camera, last weekend. Everything work great, but the batteries in the one camera are already dead! I thought they were supposed to last for up to 4 months?

Battery life is dependant on a few things... how often you use the cameras being prob the highest.

So the main question at this point is how much recording did you do?  If you recorded heavily, yes its possible to drain the battereies in a few days. Spec use is only 4 mins use per day at optimized video setting to reach the stated life.

If not, and since it's one camera., it could be bad batteries, bad camera, out or running at max range...etc.

The easiest thing to do is replace the batteries with new and swap the camera locations to see if the trouble follows camera or location.

Next step would be to contact Netgear and run thru their test steps to see if camera is bad.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
gnarkilljboy
Guide
Guide
Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude about it lol. Both cameras are set to optimize, and the one that died, is close to the receiver then the other one. Where would be the best place to buy the batteries?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Many stores carry them but usu you will pay top $ for them.  Many here get them from online sellers of good rep ..and stick to the 'name' brands

Panasonic, Everyready, etc...as they are all close enough in specs..use the battery # on the size of OEM cell ;  type 123  for a search.

Morse is faster than texting!
gnarkilljboy
Guide
Guide
I found a 12 pack on Amazon for $24 CA.
Thanks for the help