Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Amsp99
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't get the 2nd camera working the blue light turns on and that's it
7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

@Amsp99

Go into your app.

From the devices page in the app go to the bottom of the page and click on Add Device. 

Move the camera to within a couple of feet of the base.

Follow the instructions in the app.

Briefly press the sync button on the base. The third LED on the base will start flashing. 

Press and hold the sync button on the camera for two seconds. The light in the camera should slowly flash blue until the camera has synced.

Click on Finish in the app. If successful, repeat the process on the next camera.

If not successful, contact Customer Service on the green banner near the bottom of this page.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Always do a quick press of the sync buttons...do not hold either one for 2 seconds.

The led will go to a rapid blue flash if the sync is successful

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Amsp99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I already know that as I've already connected one camera
brh
Master
Master

@Amsp99

Is this a new setup or have you had the camera working previously?

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@Amsp99 wrote:
I can't get the 2nd camera working the blue light turns on and that's it

It would be handy to have a bit more information on what you've done and what's showing. Is the blue light on the 2nd camera solid or flashing? If flashing, is it fast or slow?

In the event that you're doing everything correctly from a workflow standpoint, consider moving the base further away from your wifi router or restarting your wifi router in case there is interference that is preventing the camera from sync'ing to the base

Amsp99
Aspirant
Aspirant
There's no light showing at all!
I can't move anything as it won't reach
brh
Master
Master

@Amsp99

If this is a new installation then probably the camera is defective. I had a defective camera last week that I had to return. I could get to sync once every 25 to 30 tries. Then after a few hours it would fall of the network and I would have to try to re-sync it. But before the camera is condemmed, when you plug the power adapter cable into the camera the blue light in the camera should blink rapidly for a few seconds to show that there is power. When the battery is inserted, make sure that the clip that holds the battery down is fully engaged. Other than that, you probably should either return it or contact Customer Support.

Brian