Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't connect second camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Azony
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have read all of the comments and tried all of the tips to no avail.  Still getting amber flashing on camera - no connect.  Tried rebooting base station and starting sync process over & still the blue to amber flash of death.  The only issue I can tell is that I have to hold the base station sync button down for 8 seconds to get the green flash on it.  May just have to return the unit and settle on just one camera.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Azony wrote:

The only issue I can tell is that I have to hold the base station sync button down for 8 seconds to get the green flash on it.

No.... By holding down the base sync button, your putting the base into a usb mode ( which isn't used BTW ) and the cameras will never sync.

It only takes a QUICK push on the base sync button ( do not hold ), then wait about 3+ seconds and push the button on the camera.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Azony wrote:

The only issue I can tell is that I have to hold the base station sync button down for 8 seconds to get the green flash on it.

No.... By holding down the base sync button, your putting the base into a usb mode ( which isn't used BTW ) and the cameras will never sync.

It only takes a QUICK push on the base sync button ( do not hold ), then wait about 3+ seconds and push the button on the camera.

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Azony,

Were you able to successfully sync your cameras after a quick press and release as described above?

Please let us know,

JamesC

Azony
Aspirant
Aspirant

I realized that I was unable to connect because I was holding down the sync button too long.  Thanks JamesC for responding.

I really like these cameras.  I am now up to 3 cameras. 

Azony