Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Securityagency
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't enter Arlo whether on chrome or edge, all i get is a banner on top with nonsense message about flash player.

Flash player is on in both browsers settings. 

If someone has any solution i would be very grateful.

7 REPLIES 7
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Try Firefox.  Also, try deleting your web cache/cookies for the Arlo site.

kart56
Guide
Guide

Having the same problem for months orange banner about flash click on same problem nothing works tried everything

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We could use more detail as to what you've tried and what you see. There are two different issues here 1) not being able to log in and 2) Flash.

1) Recent issues have popped up when using Kaspersky antivirus. Do you use that? If so, you have to configure Kaspersky to allow access to arlo.netgear.com. A search her on "Kaspersky" should give you tips.

2) For both Edge and Chrome, you get a banner about Flash needing to be updated. Click on the "click here" and you should get a pop-up to allow Flash to run on the site. Note that if you quit the browser rather than minimizing it you'll need to do that all over again next time you access Arlo.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Safari shows the same thing.  Must allow Flash.  When will Arlo ditch Flash!

kart56
Guide
Guide

i have read what they say to do nothing works 

Securityagency
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the helpful hint, it was my Kaspersky and Google Chrome.

In case someone else struggles with the same issue, try to do as follows,

1. Go into Kaspersky - settings - protection - web anti-virus  - advanced settings - configure trusted URLs and add  https://arlo.netgear.com/  (Thank goes to the Redmoonstar)

2. Go into Chrome settings and set the web address as an exception to the Flash blocking

chrome://settings/content         (Thank goes to the steve_t)

Thank you everyone for the answers! Good luck for all struggling to find solution! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Securityagency wrote:

2. Go into Chrome settings and set the web address as an exception to the Flash blocking

chrome://settings/content         (Thank goes to the steve_t)

Do you have the latest Chrome installed? The latest versions can't be set this way - click on the "click here" link in the Flash warning banner on the Devices tab and allow Flash to run.