Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Username666
Tutor
Tutor

I bought this mount and the VMA1000 Adjustible Mount for outdoors use. Now I notice the VMA1100 says 'Indoors'.

Anyone used the VMA1100 outside?

Was going to put it under carport or sofitt, so would be partially protected not totally in the open.

Do they fill up with water and corrode or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have any of these but a quick glance at the Arlo sales website and Amazon seems to say nothing about indoor/outdoor. The appearance and general description (table/wall/ceiling) would lead me to believe that they're aimed at the indoor market.  However, I don't see anything that would prevent you from using them outside other than possible deterioration of the appearance over time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have any of these but a quick glance at the Arlo sales website and Amazon seems to say nothing about indoor/outdoor. The appearance and general description (table/wall/ceiling) would lead me to believe that they're aimed at the indoor market.  However, I don't see anything that would prevent you from using them outside other than possible deterioration of the appearance over time.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The VMA1100 is officially designed for indoor use. With that being said, using the VMA1100 outdoors would be at your own risk. As jguerdat suggests you may notice deterioration of the appearance over time.

JamesC

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

There are cheaper more secure options on Amazon if you want to mount it outside.....  I have a couple $8.00 mounts that have been really solid to date....

ash31
Guide
Guide

I've had two mounted outside in heat and cold for 8 months. No problems!