Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Keep Dropping Offline!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PA_northeast
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased a set of three cameras and the base station. The initial sync was no problem. Everything is within 5 ft of each other, so distance from the base station is not a problem (I haven't put the cameras where I want to put them; we're still in testing mode). The cameras keep dropping offline after being online for 30 minutes. I'm returning the set if I can't resolve the issue within the next 48 hours. 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PA_northeast,

Consider relocating the cameras, interference from a nearby device could have been causing the cameras to go offline. It is also possible the cameras were going through a firmware update after having recently been setup. Did you happen to notice the LED behavior on the cameras when they were showing offline? Please let us know if you continue to experience the cameras going offline.

JamesC

PA_northeast
Aspirant
Aspirant

They went offline a couple of more times since yesterday. Note that this is a different issue than the base station not being connected to the internet.

How long does the software updating that you mentioned take?

Also, what WiFi channel do the base station and the cameras communicate and how can I set it so that it doesn't interfere with other devices?

PA_northeast
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, I haven't paid attention to the behavior of the LED light when the cameras are offline.

By the way, I placed the cameras in the intended places (father from the base station and one is very far from any device). The problem persists. On a curious note, they seem to go offline all at the same time (for now I have only synced two cams).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PA_northeast,

The firmware update happens overnight after you have completed the system setup. It's likely that it has already completed. For your reference the most recent firmware is:

Base Station: 1.6.1_4130

Camera: 1.2.2688

The base station WiFi channel follows your routers WiFi channel. There is no way to manually change it. Some users experiencing issues have had success when moving the base station away from the router (at least 20 feet) which allows the base station to operate on it's own channel.

JamesC