Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I use Arlo Wireless Cams using Ubiquiti Wireless Booster

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EdT1973
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I have recently purchased the 3 camera system and trying to optimise wireless signal strength.

My property is relatively old and large with brick walls and I purchased a Ubiquiti Wireless Booster as the Wireless hub / modem provided by my Fibre provider just didnt have the strength to allow wireless around the house. The Ubiquiti booster is connected to the main modem hub via a ethernet cable. I had to switch off the wireless on the main modem hub to allow the Ubiquiti booster to operate effectively.

I have installed a number of ethernet cables (x4) to 4 rooms throughout the house and these are connected to the rear of the main modem hub.

I am having problems with this as it appears that the Arlo system needs to have the arlo wireless hub to be connected to the same wireless account as the mobile phone / app when setting up.

Currently I have the Arlo Wireless hub connected via ethernet connection to the main house modem hub but the system will only work if I disable the Ubiquiti wireless booster and turn on the wireless to the main house hub.

Is there anyway that I can have the Arlo Wireless hub connected to my main house hub via ethernet but use the Ubiquiti bosster for all my household wireless?

Many thanks,

Ed

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I _think_ you should be fine using the modem/router's WiFi for setup and then revert to your normal operation once configured.  I'm not sure why you have to switch your extender off and enable the router's WiFi but without seeing it I'm only guessing.

Once set up, the access is actually via the server so however you get Internet should work fine.