Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 of 2 cameras won't connect to the base again

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bledig
Aspirant
Aspirant

one of the two cameras lost its connection to the base a few weeks ago and won't connect again.  I get a light that blinks once when installing batteries, so the batteries aren't the problem.  When I try to sync, no lights show on the camera.  The light blinks on the base when I press the sync button.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bledig
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to close the loop on this, I raised a trouble ticket and NETGEAR thinks it's a software problem with the camera.  I returned the camera and I'm expectinga replacement to come soon.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Changing batteries or just opening and closing the battery door should give a blue LED blink, followed by either rapid blue blinking or amber (connected vs. disconnected). Your issue sounds like a bad camera.  Create a trouble ticket using the Support link here for a possible RMA.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bledig,

Have you removed the camera first?

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select the affected camera > Remove device.

Reboot the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door and then try the sync process again.

JamesC

Bledig
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

I removed the camera from the list, but still can't connect. The camera no longer shows on the list of devices in the app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Removing the camera requires that you then resync it before it will be useful again.

Bledig
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to close the loop on this, I raised a trouble ticket and NETGEAR thinks it's a software problem with the camera.  I returned the camera and I'm expectinga replacement to come soon.