Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I turn an individual camera off or can it only be turned off at the base station?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mariec
Follower
Follower

Can I turn the individual camera off or can it only be turned off at the base station?  Also, why does it prompt me to do an update every time I log on to my cameras?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You have the default modes of ARMED ( all on ) and Disarm ( all off )

If say you have 4 cameras and want to use one, you need to create a Custom Mode for that camera

Generally you would make custom modes to group your cameras as per function , like INSIDE or OUTSIDE.

read this , eliminate the special Pro sections;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-a-mode-for-my-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Fre...

And also Yes, you can turn off a camera in SETTINGS... this is usu used for privacy and if you share cameras and don't want other viewing at times. normally just disarming will be enough ( uses very little power in sleep mode )

Prob because the update hasn't been done... The update ( TBMK ) occurs in the late night hours.  Power button reboot the base, then click on the update , wait overnight ... if it doesn't work , you may also have to reset the cameras by opening and closing the battery door.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You have the default modes of ARMED ( all on ) and Disarm ( all off )

If say you have 4 cameras and want to use one, you need to create a Custom Mode for that camera

Generally you would make custom modes to group your cameras as per function , like INSIDE or OUTSIDE.

read this , eliminate the special Pro sections;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-a-mode-for-my-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Fre...

And also Yes, you can turn off a camera in SETTINGS... this is usu used for privacy and if you share cameras and don't want other viewing at times. normally just disarming will be enough ( uses very little power in sleep mode )

Prob because the update hasn't been done... The update ( TBMK ) occurs in the late night hours.  Power button reboot the base, then click on the update , wait overnight ... if it doesn't work , you may also have to reset the cameras by opening and closing the battery door.

Morse is faster than texting!