Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sparadic Motion

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Taaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras work great, detection motion of moths. Then over night stops detecting motion and I have to play around either turning off or constanly test motion. Once working goes through same issue all over again. Has anyone had this issue and or found resolve?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How do you determine that motion detection has stopped vs. no motion to be detected? What are the LEDs on the base showing when you feel things aren't right? Does this happen to one camera or all?  What are the battery and WiFi indicators showing?

Taaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

When working I can walk pass cameras and my movement is detected and a notification is sent. When the cameras stop working I can walk in front of cameras and no motion is detected. I can see myself walking and waving my hand on live feed but no motion detected.

I have three cameras and all are within 70% battery life and all bars on signal strength.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base - that sometimes helps. What modes are you using - default Armed or custom? When the detection fails, are the LEDs on the base for power, Internet and camera all green?

Taaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will have to try power cycle when I get back home. I am using custom mode setting, that is I adjusted the sensitivity of the detection and the qty time recorded.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Also, keep in mind, motion alerts are not triggered while in LIVE VIEW.  If you are watching yourself on LIVE VIEW you won't get any notifications.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Taaz wrote:

I will have to try power cycle when I get back home. I am using custom mode setting, that is I adjusted the sensitivity of the detection and the qty time recorded.

You can reboot the base unit remotely from SETTINGS>base> RESTART

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------