Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I do a hybrid schedule/Geofencing mode?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
MarkN2016
Apprentice
Apprentice
What I want is for geofencing to be active throughout the daytime, to accommodate my comings and goings, but from 11:00 pm to 6:00 am, I would like it to switch to armed for that entire time period. Seems simple enough to me. Is it doable?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MarkN2016,

This can be done by setting up your Schedule as desired and then selecting the schedule mode in your Geofencing settings (Home or Away).

Edit your Geofencing settings and take a look at the Home and Away options for more information.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MarkN2016,

This can be done by setting up your Schedule as desired and then selecting the schedule mode in your Geofencing settings (Home or Away).

Edit your Geofencing settings and take a look at the Home and Away options for more information.

JamesC

MarkN2016
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the reply! I need some clarification though: If I set the geofencing mode to "schedule" for away and home, then it goes by the schedule I've set as "armed" between 11 at night and 6 in the morning, but off the rest of the time. So, during the day, when I leave home, it will go to the schedule which tells it to NOT be armed at that time, correct? I'm confused. Sorry.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MarkN2016,

From what you've described, it sounds like you would want your Geofencing "Away" setting to Armed. This will mean your system is always Armed when you are away.

Set your "Home" mode to schedule and when you are at the home location, the schedule will determine if your cameras are Armed or not based on what you have set up in the schedule.

JamesC

MarkN2016
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks so much!