Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo suddenly stopped recording today 4/30

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
Mehowson
Follower
Follower
My Arlo wire free system has been moderately stable until today. Now, I get no recordings even when I manually record. I get push notifications and even the top level view on the app shows it triggered, but nothing is recorded. Worked last night, not today. Yes, settings say to record. Happens on all cameras.

Anybody else seeing this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BikerPaUK
Star
Star
Mine's started to record normally again now (as of a few mins ago so I can only presume it's been a glitch or the cloud system has recovered 😄

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
BikerPaUK
Star
Star

Yup same happening to us here Man Sad

3 camera system triggering/notifying us fine just not recording to library at all today.

It all worked fine yesterday, not changed anything so I'm assuming it's the cloud service that's on the blink.

DeArlo
Star
Star
Yes, same thing happened here within the past couple of hours. Thought it was just me, tried turning off cameras and resetting the system to no avail. Hope at some point the videos will appear.
BikerPaUK
Star
Star
msiqueira9
Tutor
Tutor
Same here, everything was working until yesterday, today got some push notifications but no recordings. Cameras get the IR turned on constantly and they show as busy in the app. Have restarted the base station, removed the batteries but still no go.
Tigrou95
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same problem in switzerland since This middle morning
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

BikerPaUK
Star
Star
Mine's started to record normally again now (as of a few mins ago so I can only presume it's been a glitch or the cloud system has recovered 😄
manfredz
Hero
Hero

I noticed same hickup about 4 hours ago when it should have recorded me leaving and returning, but about 20 min ago was recording normally again.

Tigrou95
Apprentice
Apprentice
Now it's work Well in switzerland 👍
fedupalot
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm in South Florida and since last night the cameras are not stable as far as the recordings. The cameras detect motion and alert but a lot of the times won't have a recording. I suspect an evil neighbor is hijacking our recordings as we are having other problems such as emails not arriving at their destinations or not getting emails we expected. Our WiFi being very slow at times- things taking forever to load. We have Comcast. I'm not technically inclined as I'm sure my comment shows. Please someone help. I re synched the cameras. After turning the base off and on. At first they were working fine but then right back to not recording. Very annoying! Something in the Arlo system is not right and the Arlo people should investigate thoroughly. They had been working fine for a long time. WHAT IS HAPPENING?? If this doesn't get fixed I will have to get a different system.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fedupalot,

If you're having trouble with other devices as you indicate, it could be a problem with your internet connection. What download/upload speeds do you have when running a speed test?

JamesC

Tigrou95
Apprentice
Apprentice
Now it's work again good 🙂