Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Rufaro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Netgear WNDR3800 running Gargoyle firmware and Unifi Access Points, I need to connect some cameras to this because the wireless range of the Arlo base station is not adequate for my property (and it's not a property)

Is there any way to to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rufaro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Initially the camera was working fine, for approx 1 day after purchase. Then it dropped it's connection to the base station and would not re-connect. I thought this was a distance issue. I brought the camera close to the base station but it still would not connect. So I removed the camera from the system, power cycled the camera and the base station, then re-synced the camera. After doing this, the camera would connect, and detect motion, but there was no picture at all.

I returned the camera to the retailer and got a replacement camera yesterday and the system is now working fine.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
No.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't connect using your existing hardware but you could use multiple base stations to spread out the cameras.  You could use any of your existing network (switches, WiFi extenders, APs, long Ethernet cables, etc.) to attach the base stations to your network.  By having the bases spread out, your cameras don't have to rely on a centralized base with inherent distance limitations.

Rufaro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually, I have realised that the base station range is adequate, but one of my cameras is faulty ...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rufaro,

What is indicating to you that there is an issue with one of your cameras? Please give us more details so we can help.

JamesC

Rufaro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Initially the camera was working fine, for approx 1 day after purchase. Then it dropped it's connection to the base station and would not re-connect. I thought this was a distance issue. I brought the camera close to the base station but it still would not connect. So I removed the camera from the system, power cycled the camera and the base station, then re-synced the camera. After doing this, the camera would connect, and detect motion, but there was no picture at all.

I returned the camera to the retailer and got a replacement camera yesterday and the system is now working fine.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rufaro,

Great to hear! Thank you for letting the community know how the issue was resolved.

JamesC

Loismoxon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I changed my batteries in all 4 of my cameras now I can't get 2 of them to connect.
Loismoxon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I changed my batteries in all 4 of my cameras now I can't get 2 of them to connect.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the base station.