Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
colinfw
Initiate
Initiate

Hi

We live in a rural area where our internet connection is slow and not too reliable. Our own network is very fast but uploading to the web is typically around 125k. If uploading of a video is interrupted or slow because of our ISP, will Arlo save the video until it can get a better connection for uploading? Alternatively can we set an Arlo system to store its videos on a drive on our own network instead of in the Cloud? 

Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
DarrenM
Sage
Sage

Hello Colinfw

As of right now the arlo videos are saved on the the arlo server the only way you are able to save the videos to your own storage is to download them from the server and save them on your own PC. For the upload it is recommended that you have atleast 1Mb upload because when the video is recording it is also uploading to the server at the same time so if your Internet drops or is really slow that data may not be recorded.

DarrenM

Arlo Team 

colinfw
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for your quick response. So Arlo will not work for me because there is no way I can get 1Mb upload in our rural area. There is no chance of wired internet and the wireless and satellite services we can receive are nowhere near that fast. I hope Netgear finds a way for folks like us to be able to use Arlo because it looks like a good product otherwise. 

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi colinfw,

Thank you for sharing your idea. Kindly post it here so other users who needs the same functionality can add kudos to your post. Garnering more kudos will get your post most attention and this request might be added in the product's future functionality in the near future.

Kind regards,

BrianL
Arlo Team

Marcus
Initiate
Initiate
I agree totally w local storage.
More secure for rural users
BrianL
Master
Master

Hi Marcus,

There's an existing post under the Arlo Idea Exchange Section where a request for an optional storage device/s should be available can be seen here. Add kudos to this post and it will be a big help.

Kind regards,

BrianL

Arlo Team