Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can Arlo or Arlo Pro cameras be seen on more than one base station/account?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
afeid
Star
Star

As the subject says, my question is about whether or not a camera can be accessed by a different base station/account if it's associated with one base station/account already. I was recommending the Arlo series to a friend, and he wanted to try a used one first, before he spent several grand on everything he needs. His concern is if he DOES try a used one, will the video still be visible by someone else (i.e. the original purchaser)? He knew someone else who'd owned the original Arlo cams and they were under they impression that a camera could be visible by the ORIGINAL owner since there's no factory reset on the camera. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey afeid,

Any Arlo camera is linked to only one main/admin account. Only people who have both the login name and password for that  account can access the camera. To share access, they will need to provide a grant access, which you can read more about it here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

If your friend is still worried that his camera may have access to a different account, feel free to contact the support team: Arlo Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey afeid,

Any Arlo camera is linked to only one main/admin account. Only people who have both the login name and password for that  account can access the camera. To share access, they will need to provide a grant access, which you can read more about it here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

If your friend is still worried that his camera may have access to a different account, feel free to contact the support team: Arlo Support