Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kcmudbug
Aspirant
Aspirant

Over the course of the past 4 day my system has been giving me problems.  First it showed base station offline on Saturday, so I reset the base station.  Sunday it happened again.  Yesterday it appeared to work fine, and today it's showing all the cameras offline.  When I tried to log in on my computer instead of the mobile app, it tells me my password was incorrect.  I ended up having to reset my password.  Now that I can get in on my computer, it says all cameras are offline, but the previews on the cameras are from today.  When I go to the library, all the recordings are gone.  I cant even go back before 3/1/2020  to see the older recordings.  

Thoughts?  Help?

3 REPLIES 3
kcmudbug
Aspirant
Aspirant

After searching some of the other forums and realizing the coincidence of the date, it appears Arlo had a leap year bug / problem.  My friends with newer Arlo systems had their cameras come back online.  Users I know with older cameras haven't gotten their cameras back online UNLESS they have a paid account.  I only know one other person with old cameras and no paid account, so my sample pool is small...just us two.  Also to note if I use the new phone app and go to the library I get a message wanting me to upgrade to a paid account and no way to opt out of it.

edoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

My old (original arlo) cameras are all offline.  Tried everything to get them back online.  Nothing.

kcmudbug
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good news! My cameras are back up. I took the batteries out of all the cameras and powered down the base station for about an hour. I powered up the base station and brought the cameras up one by one. So far they've stayed online. Previously they wouldn't stay online more than a few minutes if they would come back up at all.

The bad news is that I'm getting alerts for motion detected, but only about half of the videos are making it to my library.