Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
amberaa1
Follower
Follower

My cameras won't detect motion and I cannot get video setting to load. I've waited hours and it just spins

13 REPLIES 13
Kjaw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same... any feedback that has helped you?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi amberaa1 and Kjaw,

What phone device are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your phone device? Is this also happening on the web client on your computer?

mlguidry3
Aspirant
Aspirant

since i downloaded new arlo app ap, i cannot get any motion to work. already turn phone off and reset and i still cannot get any motion. what should i do

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mlguidry3,

What phone device are you using? Are you using "custom mode" or the default "Armed" mode? If you're using custom mode, try using the default "Armed" mode to see if motion will work.

hwinterton
Tutor
Tutor
Since 24th Sept our whole system has stopped detecting motion. Our library is empty from 24th Sept. I've tried changing from scheduled to 24hr armed but still no option detected. This is via both the app and the desktop. Has anyone had any success since moving from the Netgear servers?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi hwinterton,

Is this happening on one camera or all cameras that you have? Have you tried using the motion detection test to make sure that the motion detection is working properly? See if your camera is able to detect motion: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

hwinterton
Tutor
Tutor
Hi JessicaP. Thanks for your prompt response. This issue is happening with both cameras. I've tried motion test mode on both cameras and they have flashes yellow so not an issue with the cameras. I've then tried to record live video which I've been able to view live on the app but again, the recorded videos dont appear in the library.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you using the default "Armed" mode or custom modes? If you're not using the default "Armed" mode, try using that mode to see when it detects motion if the recorded video gets saved onto the library.

Make sure you also don't have any filters turned on from your library. Also try checking on the web client on your computer to see if you see any videos recorded from your library.

Carla_harrison
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since I’ve downloaded new App my cameras are not picking up motion.
hwinterton
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jessica

I was using a custom mode but have since swapped to the default "Armed" mode and still no detection added to the library.  

The manually created recordings are now in my library (visible on both app and desktop) but still no automatic detection of movement is added to the library.  

Arlo-here
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since 9/24 four out of five
of the cameras don’t work—no motion detection and no notifications. Went through the whole checklist to get them to work. If set on Armed I can stream live but that’s about it. To boot, I had to keep resetting my password and only now managed to log onto the Arlo site. I have the VMB 4000 with 5 cameras and am using IOS 13.1. Also, Jessica P’a suggestions are not helpful. Jessica - got any real suggestions other than the basic suggestions we can get from the KB or outside forums?

hwinterton
Tutor
Tutor

Also on the desktop version, the software keeps asking me to install the latest version, despite having installed the latest version 2 minutes earlier!!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you guys are still having problems where the motion isn't detecting even on "Armed" mode, I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.