Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras randomly drop offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
mah8863
Tutor
Tutor

Getting very frustrated like many others! I have 2 cameras that randomly drop offline and they are the 2 closest to the base, with in 20 feet and near direct line of site without interference. This has been going on for ove 6 months now, hence the frustration! Yes, new and old batteries, does not matter!

I see see others with the same issue there it has to be in the camera software where if they temporarily lose connection, they do not even try to reconnect. 

What is Netgear doing about fixing this issue? Competition is getting stronger and they will lose out if they do not get this fixed soon!

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mah8863,

There could be something causing interference between the 2 cameras having the issue and the base station. You might try elevating the base station to see if you continuing seeing an issue. Alternatively, you could try swapping the cameras that are dropping offline with the location of the cameras that are behaving as expected. This will help determine if the issue is with the location or the cameras.

JamesC

mah8863
Tutor
Tutor
James C, 2 feet higher the base station would be in the attic. There it is too hot as I am in the south and would fall out of temp specs. Already looked into that. Will not had the same issues with these 2 camera (regardless of location) when there were no walls (meaning open studs to the outside) as well so do not seeing it being interference. Still seems like a software fix for polling the base would help. Say, try every 15 mins to reconnect for 4 hours then go off line. We had a product in my company we used this concept for self healing and worked. Yes it consumed more battery life but for those that can not be at the cameras this would help.
mah8863
Tutor
Tutor
Meant had the same issue with no walls, not - sorry typo