Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Thilland
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am about to throw out this system.  The past couple weeks I am unable to keep my 4 cameras online.  Even with fresh batteries they will constantly go Offline.  I did a factory reset of the base station, but that hasn't helped.

I currently have 4 cameras within 3meters of the base station, in 2 days I have recorded only 20seconds of video in the main living area of our house.  Something changed with this system and it is complete garbage.  Tech support continually asked me to resync cameras.  After 3 months of them suggesting the same three things, they decided to close my case with it unresolved.

I believe the batteries are draining quickly because the camera is continually dropping and trying to reconnect.

I have the base station away from any other WIFI devices and it is on the least congested channel.

My system:

VMB3010r2  firmware: 1.12.2.8_556_dd3c705

H7 firmware: 1.3.319

7 REPLIES 7
Thilland
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears that my base station is sending out a very intermittent connection.

Annotation 2020-04-08 111102.png

Thilland
Aspirant
Aspirant

I watched the connection while working the last hour and it is steady again now but the cameras are not staying connected for more then a few minutes.

Thilland
Aspirant
Aspirant

When the camera does come online and detects motion, it sends the push notification but no email.  Some times it records a video, but not all the time.  There seems to be a lot of issues with this system lately.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Thilland

Are you still experiencing this issue? When did you purchase these cameras?

Thilland
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ended up moving the base station to a different part of the house and it is now working with 3 of the 4 cameras. It was a very painful 10 hours with tech support because most of them didn't understand basic networking. I finally got on with a great tech support person who spent an hour working through things with me, we determined that there was some weird interference in that corner of my house. The signal is strong and the cameras are working. I just cant get it to email me when they detect motion.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Thilland

That's good news

Have you tried checking your spam/junk folder for any notifications?

Thilland
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have, oddly the email notifications for movement worked when the low battery ones did not. With the last update I get the low battery ones and no longer get the ones for movement.