Cameras not displaying under mode button

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ClaireM
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I tap on mode only the base station displays, none of my cameras display.They are connected as I can get live feed. But I cannot set any rules to record on motion as they are not displaying under the mode button.

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure of exactly what you're doing but when you select the Mode tab, you then have to choose your system before modes and schedule are shown.  Did you just stop one step short?

ClaireM
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I select the mode tab just my base station is listed and no cameras. Against my base station it says getting information. That message never changes - it just seems stuck at that point.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And did you try to click on the system?  You have to do that to get to the modes.  Only the base station will be displayed when selecting the Mode tab since you could have multiple bases or a Q camera, which would give you multiple choices rather than just the one.

ClaireM
Aspirant
Aspirant

By click on the system do you mean click on the base station? When I do that I get a 'please wait' mesage that never progresses (as per image below). I am not sure what I am doign wrong.

Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 9.01.15 pm.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see your image right now since it takes a while for embedded images to show for some reason.  

Yes, I mean to click on the base station.  Since you're getting "Please Wait", I'd think you're also seeing this in the Cameras tab as if the system hasn't initialized the view yet.  Try using the power switch on the base station to cycle it - maybe that will help.  Also, try using the app or a browser, whichever you're not using at the moment.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

ClaireM wrote:

When I select the mode tab just my base station is listed and no cameras. Against my base station it says getting information. That message never changes - it just seems stuck at that point.

The Mode page only shows base stations. You will have to click/tap on the base station to be taken to your modes and Schedule.

But since that doesn't seem to take you there, something is not right. Try logging out of and back in to your account, and see if that changes anything.

Also, all photos posted in the forums have to be manually authorized by a moderator, so depending on the day of the week and time of day, there will be varying delays in photos showing in anyone's post.

Jlw7
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are having the same issue!

Jlw7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you figured this out?  I have done everything and still no cameras showing up on my app it just says discovering your divice please wait.   These are going to get returned!!  Very disappointed with a netgear product!!

ClaireM
Aspirant
Aspirant
A reboot of the base station has fixed the problem.
Jlw7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did the reboot and still not working! Now it says to conect your system to the internet.  I have everything connected and synced.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What are the LEDs on the base showing? Power, Internet and cameras should be green.
Jlw7
Aspirant
Aspirant

All  three are solid green.

Jlw7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the cameras synced with the base station which is connected via ethernet cable to a netgear wireless extender.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the 3 main LEDs are green, maybe it's why you're using that's the issue. Are you using the app or browser? Have you tried the other type or used a different browser? WhT antivirus software are you using?