Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Cameras are all sync'd successfully, but none display in the app on laptop or android

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BobNRos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras are all sync'd successfully, but none display in the app on laptop or android.  My base station is connected to a router that is then connected to the separate motorola modem.  Do I have to allow some network traffice through the firewall?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Theoretically, no. However, some have reported that some DHCP settings in the router had to be modified to get it to work.  No one has said what those settings are so you'd have to work that out. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Also , ports 80 and 443 need to be open ( if not )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
BobNRos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had to move the Arlo to the DMZ.  Turning off the router firewall also worked, but not a permanent solution.  Not sure if this is putting the base station at risk?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd give a shout out to Netgear... It should function thru the firewall on most systems with the ports open... mabe they can clear it up for you.

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
TomMac wrote:

I'd give a shout out to Netgear... It should function thru the firewall on most systems with the ports open... mabe they can clear it up for you.

+1

The main problem with using forums is that it frequently becomes a b**** session rather than getting tech support directly involved. Have a problem? These forums may be able to help but a trouble ticket may well be the way to go.

Jlw7
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do you open the ports?  I have the base station connected to a netgear wireless extender. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Already answered another thread to you about things to try. Since your LEDs are green I don't think it's a port issue. FYI, opening ports is something done on the router but is something you'd do because you changed settings there to increase security.