Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is anyone experiencing cameras dropping offline randomly, or dropping offline after a basestation reboot? This seems to come and go. When is Netgear going to offer a real fix for this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is in the Q+ area. Is that what you have (doesn't use a base) or a wireless camera? If the latter, have you power cycled the base and maybe opened and closed the battery doors?

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

yes that makes the issue go away temoorarily, but getting out the ladder and having to re-aim the camera is NOT a real solution!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You haven't given us much info to work with.  What have you tried?  What is the WiFi connection percentage in Settings showing?  What's the distance between the base and camera and what obstacles are in the path?  Have you switched cameras around to see if it's a camera or position issue?  What firmware is on the base and all cameras?  What's your upload speed as measured by speedtest.net?

Much as we'd all like to have things be just plug and play, it can be plug and pray due to a wide variety of circumstances unique to your situation. We can only provide suggestions for you to try.

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

i guess there are no real solutions for this issue, looks like we just have to live with it

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There could be solutions if you'd answer the questions I posed.  You can also contact support and open a case for official support.

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

i dont have the time to start at square one with each issue, i just expect this system to work flawlessly day in and day out. Maybe my expectations are just unreasonable.