Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No More Alerts

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
SGARRISON
Follower
Follower

I have gone over everything. I have made sure that ALL modes and rules are correct, that email is not showing in Spam, rebooted, deactivated and reactivated, but still I'm not getting any more email notifications for Motion activity.

I received them at first and they have completely stopped.

I have updated the Arlo app and still nothing.

I am using my smartphone to receive the alerts, not a computer or tablet.

Double checked email address, it was confirmed.

I am out of options.

Can you please advise next step other than throwing the camera away?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SGARRISON,

Consider having the alerts sent to a different email address to further isolate the issue. If you receive the alerts at a different address, as jguerdat suggests above, it could be an issue with your email provider blocking the emails.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like your ISP is blocking your emails for some reason. Ask them for help and let us know.

Also, enable push notifications as a temporary workaround.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SGARRISON,

Consider having the alerts sent to a different email address to further isolate the issue. If you receive the alerts at a different address, as jguerdat suggests above, it could be an issue with your email provider blocking the emails.

JamesC

Blueflowers312
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have shared my camera setup with someone in the house. They have their own login info and everything. They can see the videos in the library and modify settings for the cameras.
However, they receive no motion alerts from the app AT ALL. In their login there's no setting options for notifications.
Please help
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you mean push notifications, not email, there are two settings.  One is in the mode and rule for the cameras - it has to be on.  This is a global setting for ALL users.  The other thing to check is the phone settings for the app - make sure notifications are enabled for the app.  This setting is unique to the device used.  You can try reinstalling the app to see if that helps since the default is for notifications to be enabled.