Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Baberim
Star
Star

Hello,

My basestation recently updated to 1.4.2627 and since then my cameras are offline. If I pop the battery doors, and close them, the cameras go back online for a minute or 2, but then back offline. I've tried to do a factory reset, and a hard reset of the base station and still having the issue. Only 2 lights on the basestation are lit green (the first 2 lights on the left). I have not had any connectivity problems until recently.

Is this a firmware issue and is this being looked at? 

thank you

14 REPLIES 14
michaeli
Guide
Guide

great, just did my update too...same thing, cameras offline.

Baberim
Star
Star

Ok well at least we know its an issue isolated to the update. Hopefully netgear gets a quick fix out. Nothing like haveing $350 paperweights. 

michaeli
Guide
Guide

Well, i just did a base station restart from within the web page, and my cameras have been online for 10 minutes.

Baberim
Star
Star

If you log out of the webpage and back in are they still online? Ive done it several times from the app and web interface and they come back online for a few minutes but as soon as I leave the web or app and go back to it they are offline. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

My basestation recently updated to 1.4.2627 and since then my cameras are offline.   snip

I've been running that version for about 2 weeks now and I haven't had a hick-up at all.

Possible its not the update but something else.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
michaeli
Guide
Guide

ok, logged out, closed the browser, went back in still online.  did this 3 times.

however, i do get an error the first time i log in when trying to stream the live camera that it cant connect to it, but then the 2nd and 3rd attempts work fine.

Baberim
Star
Star

Followed those steps exactly. First time got the connectivity error like you said. Second time fully offline. I dont get it. 

michaeli
Guide
Guide

mine is definitely a little flaky connecting to the camera, and seems slower to start a stream, but mostly online and working.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

My system has done the same thing,  If I have to reset the cameras one more time, I AM DONE WITH ARLO.....

Youtube Video of me using a Arlo Camera as a golf ball to follow.......  I AM DEAD SERIOUS ABOUT THIS.....

scottmph
Aspirant
Aspirant

try rebooting the base station, I too am having buyers remorse on this product. The delay, the bricking on updates.

Baberim
Star
Star

Thanks. I've done it several times. I'm actually chatting with support right now and seems like the problem is the FW of the basestation updated, but its not pushing the firmware update to the cameras for some reason. 

scottmph
Aspirant
Aspirant

what is latest camera firmware?

ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

I'm having a similar issue. The Base station has only 2 green lights and so far I've had to turn it off and on 3 times in 24 hours to get it back online with the 3 green lights.

Baberim wrote:

Hello,

My basestation recently updated to 1.4.2627 and since then my cameras are offline. If I pop the battery doors, and close them, the cameras go back online for a minute or 2, but then back offline. I've tried to do a factory reset, and a hard reset of the base station and still having the issue. Only 2 lights on the basestation are lit green (the first 2 lights on the left). I have not had any connectivity problems until recently.

Is this a firmware issue and is this being looked at? 

thank you

I don't understand this. Also, I have no clue about the updates? Do they automatically update? I do not use the app because I've heard the app causes even more problems. I check using the computer only.  Has your issue been resolved?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ChevyMama,

Firmware updates are automatic for your Arlo cameras and the Arlo base station. If you only have 2 green lights on your base station this indicates either the internet is dropping or your cameras are losing connectivity (depending on which LED is unlit).

Which LED on your base station is not lit or not green when you experience this issue?

JamesC