Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Bepeter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm trying to set my new Arlo system and can’t get it to work. Any one else with the same problem on Asus Router n55U? 

Some info. 

Base-station:

1. It’s connected to Internet 

2. Cameras are in Sync

On router 

3. Firewall is ”disabled” 

4. Port 80 and 443 are opened

5. DMZ is active 

What i’m i missing? 

Thanks, getting pretty frustrated here
Peter

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is dynamic IP on? ( DHCP )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Bepeter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, DHCP is on...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And does the router show the base as having an IP address?  I have an Asus RT-N66U and it worked with no twiddling. Have you made any security-based modifications to the router setup?  What firewall/AV are you using on your computer?

Bepeter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, yes, the base have a IP-address. And i Pinged it and it seams to work. And i turned off the firewall just to check if that was the problem, but still doesn't work. What else could i try?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on reports from other folks here, the usual solution is changing a setting on the router, software firewall, antivirus/malware software or browser. I don't know if this is due to the users making changes or somehow the default settings of any of these.  If you check recent messages, one person found adding Arlo (arlo.com?) to the whitelist on his browser fixed his problem while others have had to do so in the firewall/AV software suite.  I have no custom security settings on my system (Windows 10, used to be W7) with the Microsoft firewall and antivirus/malware software (Windows Defender/Security Essentials) with no ports or sites blocked on my part.  Make sure ports 80 and 443 are open and that any Arlo/Netgear sites are allowed.

JollyRoger1965
Aspirant
Aspirant
H
jguerdat wrote:

And does the router show the base as having an IP address?  I have an Asus RT-N66U and it worked with no twiddling. Have you made any security-based modifications to the router setup?  What firewall/AV are you using on your computer?

Is there anything I am doing wrong ..  I have the same router but cannot connect the Base Unit to the router using the IPad app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that the iPad or any mobile device has to be on WiFi using the same network the the base is plugged into.

JollyRoger1965
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

Don't forget that the iPad or any mobile device has to be on WiFi using the same network the the base is plugged into.

Yes the iPad is connected to the same home network but for some reason the Internet light on the Netgear base stays orange and doesn't turn to green.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ah, different issue. Try rebooting both yourmodem,  router and base, in that order. Without a green Internet LED, it won't happen. Could also be a bad cable or port. Finally, some folks change security settings in the router which can be an issue.

JollyRoger1965
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you all for your help.  I tried a factory reset which then sorted out my issues.  All up and running perfectly.