Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras are on. Motion is set on etc. Getting notifications of movement but nothing in the cloud?

Discussion stats
  • 47 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have all the settings correct with my 3 cameras ie motion is definitely set to on. motion is on with the green man etc. Cameras are picking up movement and sending notifications to my phone but when I log in to Arlo their is no footage to play? I have 3 Cameras pointing at different angles on the same post out the front of my house (could they be getting interference been so close to one another?). I have only been getting issues with this for about the last 7 days or so with detecting motion and notifying me but they are not recording. Sometimes I might get a recording off one camera were I should have 3 recordings from each cam. I am thinking I might need to do a power down the cameras and re-sync?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

47 REPLIES 47
Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice

PS: my cameras signal to the base is pretty much full bars give or take 1 bar at times.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Warnzie,

Are you navigating to the library to view the content after tapping the push notification? If it is an e-mail notification it should direct you automatically to the video but push notifications will only launch the app.

Interference is a possibility given the conditions you describe. Consider moving one camera away from the post with the other two to try and isolate if that is the cause. You could also try and relocate the base station itself.

Please let us know what you find!

JamesC

Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi JamesC,

Yes definetly, navigating to the libary and nothing is there. I have double checked to make sure it is displaying all camera footage in the settings view. I usally will wait about 30secs before trying to view the footage but as mentioned nothing has recorded?

Its just weird that it was working all perfectly a week or so ago and now is playing up. Will try and reset all the cameras and re-sync if need be.

aussie_user
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've been experiencing the same issue over the past few days with my 2 cameras which are located in different positions around the house. I receive notifications on my phone that movement has been detected but do not receive all of the videos. I had 6 notifications today between the 2 cameras but only 3 videos were found in my library. It is quite obvious that there is something wrong with the system. For example, my phone alerted me that my friend was at the front door this morning and the corresponding video was found in the library. Two hours later when my friend had left the house, I received another notification on my phone that movement had been detected at the front door but did not receive any email notifications or corresponding videos. It doesn't make sense to me because I have not made any changes to the settings or positions of the camera. They were fine up until a few days ago. The batteries are all showing full bars and there is definitely no issues with interference. I know that we are not the only ones experiencing this problem. There must be a way to fix this Arlo?
Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sound like we are having the exact same issue then. As I have said was all working a treat till about 7 days ago! I have powered down all my cameras, re sync them all to the base and still getting the issue. Must be on netgears side?
beegee
Guide
Guide

Same for me. Cameras detecting motion. Alerts sent to iPad and IPhone. No email alerts being sent however. When I click through to watch video from iPad or iPhone there are no videos. When I login on website there are also no videos. I have not changed any settings. Errors started around 12pm Australian EST.

Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Common Arlo Netgear lets get this sorted. At the moment my system is useless and shouldnt expect these issues with a $500+ security system.

Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Seems to be only effecting Aussie users only? Any other users experiencing this issue in a different country?

beegee
Guide
Guide

Worked momentarily last night and thought all had been fixed. However, tried again this morning and the same issue as already explained persists. After months of working brilliantly, right now my system don't work as promised - Arlo/Netgear are you working on a fix or at least able to tell us how we can fix our security systems? Thank you.

Johnno70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here for possibly the last 2 weeks now.

I have also noticed that i cant always connect and get a live stream to my cameras. Maybe works 1 out of 4 times.

Nothing has changed on my end. Hopefully the more people let Netgear know about this situation the faster it will get fixed.

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have had this issue from time to time for the 6 months I have had this system. 

Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes seems alike this is a common issue that has gotten worse with time. I actually did just catch my cameras recording motion and a error come up saying "There was a problem establishing a connect to the media server" and after that error message no footage was saved/stored. Have now seen this do this twice now on different cameras. Nothing has not changed on my end at all. To me this is something on Arlos side with the "Cloud" and the base connecting to the arlo server. Where is a Arlo/moderator. How do we tag them in this.

beegee
Guide
Guide

just chatting to netgear/arlo person now. no solution yet 😞

Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good work Beegee!! I sent them an email this morning. Let us know how you go.

beegee
Guide
Guide

Hi Warnzie, I directed them to this thread saying clearly others are having the same issue. They couldn't help any more right now unfortunately but have promised to get back to me with issue/solution. My system/setup hasn't changed in all the time I've had the system. Very frustrating.

Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks mate! Yes it is very frustrating having a security system that doesnt work correctly as it should. Quite sure Netgear should have it resolved soon.. I hope :-/. Sick of getting notifications and there is not footage!

damienburns
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, I'm having the exact same problem... as of about a week ago. I only have one camera, and it's located about 5 metres away from the base station... and has been working FLAWLESSLY since April 2015 when I bought it... up until a week ago. 

I'm in Sydney Australia. 

I hope this gets sorted soon - this is a security system... not a web cam for me to skype with my family... I rely on this for security, and it's completely useless at the moment. 

aussie_user
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is getting ridiculous. And I don't know what's more frustrating ... a camera system that detects motion but does not record videos, or the lack of communication/response from Netgear. Can someone at Netgear please let us know what is going on and when a solution is being sought. Or at least acknowledge that there is an issue with the system so that we don't all sit here going stir crazy.
beegee
Guide
Guide

Well, one of my cameras now appear to be working again (the other one I haven't re-set up yet after Netgear/Arlo requested I remove all cameras from the system and reconnect because of lack of time!). I'm getting iPad, iPhone and email notifications, and the videos are there too. It's consistently worked 3-4 times just now. I wonder if in the morning it will still be working. Let's hope so.

Netgear/Arlo said they would contact me when it was working again. It would be nice if Netgear/Arlo could do this AND more importantly also post on this forum to let everyone know what/if they are doing anything to help us get our security cameras back in order. We do have these cameras for a reason and when they're not working due to no fault of ours, they are 100% useless.

Look forward to hearing from Netgear/Arlo!

Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice
**UPDATE** Netgear are aware of the problem and have stated this is effecting Australia and New Zealand customer's. They are looking in to it. Lady in support did mention/try delete camera all together and reconnect? As beegee also mentioned.
Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just have not gotten the time yet to do so
Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice
My system appears to be Working as it should now! Anyone elses system working again?. Netgear must of fixed the issue last night.
damienburns
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems to be working fine for me this morning... I'll test more when I get home tonight. 

The app is loads more responsive today too... for the last week it has been failing to connect... saying my base station was offline / not connected to the internet, etc. 

Fingers crossed it's now fixed... 

beegee
Guide
Guide

My system is still working well this morning. So I also presume Netgear/Arlo has finally fixed the problem. Thanks Warnzie for starting this thread 🙂