Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base gets disconnected every morning

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sm13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello there,

Every morning when I go to work, I log into my Arlo to turn on the cameras but most of the times it tells me that the base is not connected. then I have to go and turn off the base and turn it back on again and wait 5 minutes until it connects and then leave the house. This has become very prustrating for us. could you please advise if this unit needs to be replaced or fixed?

Best
Sia

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems to depend on the exact scenario.  Some folks have reported similar things but if I get the message, I only have to log out of the app or web site and back in to get things working.  Have you tried that?  Have you tried both the app and a browser?

sm13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have tried that .... I think it's related to the quality of this brand. I hope ARLO responds to this at some point

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sm13,

What is the behavior of the internet LED on the base station when you get this error message? Do you see the same behavior on both the Arlo app and the web client?

JamesC

sm13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it's the same behaviour. I found out that when Im close to the base station with my phone app, it works and when Im far, sometimes it doesn't work. this is very disappointing.