Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
schulzsc
Follower
Follower

Cameras are not recording motion.

Cameras do work when watching but no recording going on.

What did I do wrong with my settings?

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Set up a new mode. Go through each step meticulously with setting each camera to trigger with motion detection and put the senstivity up to 100%. When the camera is triggered, tell it to record. Click the arrow next to record to set the length of time you want it to record for (default is 10s but I have mine set for 30s). Select if you want push notifications and/or email notifications or neither. After all your cameras are configured, go back and select the new mode you've just made. Go walk in front of one of the cameras. Wait the duration that you selected to record for. Open your app and check your library

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, you can make sure the Armed mode is active.  First, the running men for each camera in the Devices tab should be black, not gray.  Use the Mode tab, click on your base and see which mode is selected.  If not Armed, select it and try again.  If that works, it's recommended that you create your own mode as suggested above.

Add the new mode using the button and set up one camera.  Save and reedit that mode to add more cameras.  This way you get exactly what you want/need and leave the Armed mode alone for testing and troubleshooting.  Note that any camera without a rule in your mode will be disarmed.  You can create multiple modes with various cameras which you can then schedule so, perhaps, all cameras are active at night but only some during the day.

cftarnas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I've just installed the system, but it is not recordning. I don't have an 'Armed' mode, the newly created accound had "Schedule", "Geofencing", "All Motion On" and "All Motion Off". I seleced on "All Motion On", disabled notifications and emails, and enabled recoding, saving each camera.  I went back and verified the settings were persisted. 

I still get notifications and I do not see any recodings in my library (but in the iOS app I do occasionaly see the red "1" letting me know there should be something there, but whenever I go to the library it is empty).

I then followed your advice and setup a new mode. Still no recordnig, only notifications even though they are not selected.

I have the basic subscription, which according to the description has 7 days of videos, up to 1GB.

Looking through other forum posts quite a few people are having this issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It would seem that you have old firmware. Reset the base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Remove all devices found in Settings, My Devices. Start fresh by using the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras. If updates are offered, take them or wait overnight for them to occur automatically.
cftarnas
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:
It would seem that you have old firmware. Reset the base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Remove all devices found in Settings, My Devices. Start fresh by using the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras. If updates are offered, take them or wait overnight for them to occur automatically.

I used the app to look for new firmware - it said no updates were available. I waited overnight for the firmware to download and nothing happened. My connection is more than adequate (>100Mbs).  My base station has 1.4.2695, the cameras are 1.2.2688. What is the latest?

I will try the reset tonight. 

Thank you.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

cftarnas wrote:

jguerdat wrote:

I used the app to look for new firmware - it said no updates were available. I waited overnight for the firmware to download and nothing happened. My connection is more than adequate (>100Mbs).  My base station has 1.4.2695, the cameras are 1.2.2688. What is the latest?

I will try the reset tonight. 

Thank you.

My base station firmware is 1.8.1.1_10234

Cameras firmware is 1.2.9901

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

BTW, it's important to know both upload and download speeds.  100Mbs implies >1Mbs which is the minimum but always check and report both.

Yes, your firmware is very old.  Hopefully the reset will get things updated.