Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras are not recording at night

Discussion stats
RLR1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I Have been able to connect live and also it records automatically during daylight hours only night time hours will not connect live or record automatically what might be the issue I’ve already powered down the bay station re-powered resent all cameras And still the problem persists

44 REPLIES 44
JuanClaudio
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am on the same boat. An odd note, the cameras work at night, only if I choose Audio trigger to the max level.  Has anybody provided with a solution.

JuanClaudio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe this is a scam issue just like Apple, XBOX, and PlayStation. You buy the model 12, then in six months, there’s a model 13 and your device is obsolete. New software, new technology, new design, and new charging cables. Wait soon there will be an Arlo Ultra Pro Max + cameras.

Baxjake12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having problems with Arlo not recording at night.  This started about two weeks ago.  I went out around 630p and danced in front of the camera and it worked, but I get nothing else.

I’m getting sick and tired of Arlo.  

JuanClaudio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. I tried Arlo 2, Arlo Pro 4 Ultra, and an Ultra Smart Hub. No difference. Maybe if I use the 'spotlight' feature but no luck. I also checked the schedule feature is off, and motion and audio are on.

Glo61_
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo essential camera will not record after 5:00 pm. I have made sure it’s on armed. No scheduled or activity zone. This is very disappointing. I have contact arlo and they can’t seem to figure it out!!!!

Glo61_
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo essential camera will not record after 5:00 pm. I have made sure it’s on armed. No scheduled or activity zone. This is very disappointing. I have contact arlo and they can’t seem to figure it out!!!!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Glo61_ wrote:

Have you tried livestreaming the camera in the evening?

If so, have you then tried to make a manual recording or snapshot?

Glo61_
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good morning,

Yes I have tried live-streaming and nothing seems to fix the problem. There’s definitely something wrong, I am not the only one complaining of the issue.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Glo61_ wrote:

Yes I have tried live-streaming and nothing seems to fix the problem. There’s definitely something wrong, I am not the only one complaining of the issue.

I think I wasn't clear.

1. Successful livestreaming confirms that the camera is still properly connected.
  2. Making a recording while livestreaming (and checking that it is in the library) confirms subscription status and that the cloud storage is working correctly.

Once you confirmed both, we can look more closely at motion detection and the mode/rules for the camera.

Glo61_
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did a livestream and it recorded in the library. It’s still stops after 5:40pm recording anything else until 6:00 am.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Glo61_ wrote:

I did a livestream and it recorded in the library. 

Ok.  So the subscription is ok.

@Glo61_ wrote:

It still stops after 5:40pm recording anything else until 6:00 am.

Just to confirm - did you do the livestreaming test after 5:40pm?

Assuming you have, maybe try bringing the camera indoors, and see if it is detecting motion with normal indoor lighting (and recording).  

JuanClaudio
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried everything on the manual and the YouTube videos. I reboot the base station, delete cameras, , make sure they are fully charged, night, vision on, and there is no solution at the course customer service. They do not help. They only read scripts on a computer. I can’t believe something this basic it’s not working for hundreds of customers #arlonotworking #arlonightvision 

Glo61_
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is so disappointing and no one can resolve the issue. You pay for the camera and subscription and night vision is screw up!!!! #arlocameraisdisappointing!!!

BiffIrving
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the same issue for a couple weeks and I just figured out what to do. Go to Routines, select Modes, select Standby, add your cameras, and then in "Motion Detection", move the slider to the right. It's night for me right now. I just tried this with all four of my cameras, toggling "Motion Detection" on and off. When Motion Detection is moved to the right, the cameras record. When Motion Detection is toggled Off, they don't. I also added my cameras to Arm Away and turned on Motion Detection.

plymouth
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is insane , ineed the cameras at night ,Does arlo have something to do with this ,Didnt have a problem until they wanted money ?

mrgeemoney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try changing the cord that's connected to the camera from the power supply. That worked for me. 

plymouth
Aspirant
Aspirant

What cord will work 

mrgeemoney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Get an official Arlo power cord for the camera, I changed mine and that worked for me.

SRangel
Guide
Guide

I’ve had my cameras for many years and a lot of the times I’d notice they’d seemingly go to sleep at night. Normally to avoid this I’d go into live view and record a short manual videos on all cameras before I’d sleep and they’d then work. But several nights recently my manual recording will be the last one all night and it’s making me angry because there’s plenty of action for them to capture at night. If so many of us are having the issue it’s probably arlo. 

CurbAppeal
Star
Star

Same issue here!