Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras are not recording at night

Discussion stats
RLR1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I Have been able to connect live and also it records automatically during daylight hours only night time hours will not connect live or record automatically what might be the issue I’ve already powered down the bay station re-powered resent all cameras And still the problem persists

44 REPLIES 44
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Go into your mode settings and see if perhaps you have set up a schedule.

If you have, then change the setting to armed instead and that should fix things. 

RLR1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve adjusted everything from deleting all schedule times to resting my base station , no matter what the settings are the cameras will not connect live or detect movement at night even though Wi-Fi has a strong signal. During daylight hours the cameras work just fine. There are no updates available that I can see so any other suggestions would be helpful , thanks
Streak2
Master Master
Master

If you have gone into mode and confirmed that the radio button indicating

Armed Motion detection on is checked then I would delete all cameras, reset the base and try a complete reinstall.

When you say that you reset the base, how did you do this?

See here

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

RLR1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve deleted all cameras, reset the base station and still the cameras will not work at night. There is one thing that I changed prior to the cameras not working at night and that was to swap out the batteries for AC power adapters so my next troubleshooting step will be to reinstall batteries in one camera to see if this is the issue
DeeMo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues with night recording, after about 5:30 pm recordings stop until morning about 8:30 am.   Between the issues with static and not recording, this is getting old.

Has the recording issue been resolved?

Has the static noise been resolved?

The cameras were recording until about maybe a week ago, but they would record off and on.  I have tried the suggested ideas and nothing works. Will change the batteries in the morning.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DeeMo wrote:

I am having the same issues with night recording, after about 5:30 pm recordings stop until morning about 8:30 am.

Have you checked that the camera(s) are in the armed mode?

The default schedule is 8 am to 5 pm, so if you accidentally set the camera to "schedule" then you wouldn't see any night recordings.

DeeMo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have checked the schedules and armed section and nothing has been changed.  The thing is, I have been getting recordings at night whenever something triggers it.  So I am baffled by all of sudden not getting the recordings.

mrgeemoney
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my cameras stop recording at night! I've tried everything in this post and other post I've saw! I notice the light for I noticed the light (Right) on the base station to connect to the cameras goes off at night. I just rebooted the base station from the setting page, lets see what happens tonight!

DeeMo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi MrGreenMoney,

I have tried it all!  My free subscription is about to end, I wonder does Arlo have something to do with it?  Is it on purpose to get you to sign up for a paid subscription?  The camera’s were recording at night until recently … what went wrong to make them stop recording at night??  Frustrated  and not impressed Arlo Pro 4 and Arlo Hub.

mrgeemoney
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the changes I made and rebooted did nothing, my cameras again stopped last night, I went back and saw that the last time my cameras worked at night was April 22nd.

Today I decided to make a armed mode schedule from 12AM to 11:59 PM, lets see if this works!

mrgeemoney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't think its a subscription issue cause mind still has a way to go before it expires, maybe it was an update they did that has things out of wack! I do know I upgraded my subscription last month!

DeeMo
Aspirant
Aspirant

MrGreenMoney,

I tried that also, the same time frame. Nothing!  I guess I’ll have to get on the phone with Arlo.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mrgeemoney, DeeMo

Are these cameras being powered by an AC adapter or solar panel or are they strictly powered with the battery? 

JamesC

mrgeemoney
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are powered by ac adapter
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mrgeemoney,

Are you using an official Arlo branded charging cable or a third party accessory?

JamesC

DeeMo
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras are on batteries, I switch out with arlo brand batteries .

mrgeemoney
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using a Third Party cable on both cameras 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mrgeemoney,

Remove the cable and test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

mrgeemoney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok so after a while testing and also adding another camera, you are right!

The issue is the cable, I put all my cameras back on battery power and they work fine at night! I have a charger cable from a old Blackberry and it works fine at night with one of my cameras . My other 2 cameras and the one that is brand new doesn't work at night when plugged into these long cables I bought online at eBay.

I will buy an official Arlo long cable for both of my remaining cameras.  

Thanks!

Charstephens
Initiate
Initiate
I’ve had my system since 2015, my base station is AC connected WITH the original Arlo power cord and my cameras are wireless with batteries and they’ve all (5) recently stopped recording at night. All have been reset and all batteries are at 80% or more. What happened? All are armed, no schedule set, and all have the “night vision” switched to on? This is frustrating!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Charstephens,

Is there activity happening that has been missed? If you test by triggering the cameras yourself at night, what behavior do you see?

JamesC

Dannybear
Master
Master
Looks like the issue is spreading from the pro2 series cameras.
CoraC
Aspirant
Aspirant
To get my camera's to record after 6pm, I HAD to use the schedule and select M-Sun for 24 hrs. I had to unselect ARMED and use the SCHEDULE.
JuanClaudio
Aspirant
Aspirant

I own three Arlo 2 Pro and a Arlo 3 Pro. First two years they worked. Today it doesn’t work at night. They work if I choose Audio on 4. I tried Motion at 100. Nothing. Also restart Hub. Reset factory settings. Remove and reinstall cameras. Check if I have the schedule mode. Nothing.  Sorry if I do not have a solution, but I was wondering if you have one.