Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Beltfed762
Aspirant
Aspirant

So this problem started when my base station stopped connecting to the Internet. I did the troubleshooting and eventually got the base station connected again.

now, I can get to the Netgear Arlo app and to the main screen but it says all my cameras are offline. I followed the troubleshooting procedures and they still "appear offline". 

The batteries are good. The flashing blue light indicates that it's synced to the base station. The camera even clicks as if it's recording when I walk by. The cameras where armed before I had this issue and it seems like they are trying to work but for whatever reason, the base says they still "appear offline".

any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beltfed762
Aspirant
Aspirant

Disregard.

called customer service.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Beltfed762
Aspirant
Aspirant

Disregard.

called customer service.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Beltfed762,

Are you still experiencing this issue? Please let us know.

JamesC

Gearhead1
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base station still showing offline.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting it using the power switch. What LEDs are what colors after the restart?

Joescafone
Aspirant
Aspirant
What was the solution? I'm having exact same issues and did same as why you explained. Cameras go back and forth from online to offline.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joescafone,

This could be due to WiFi interference or poor signal strength due to range. Is it happening to all or just some cameras?

Consider relocating an affected camera with a camera that is behaving correctly to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

Joescafone
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for response JamesC. Actually, I relocated the base to a location that would be much closer to all 3 cameras. Since that happened, the issue I referenced started. It's weird, only happens every now and then but comes back up after a period of time (overnight, or when I check back later in day). It happens to all cameras going offline, so it seems to me it's the Base. It's important to note that the base is hooked up to a WiFi extender plugged into A/C outlet (acts as a power line adapter too). I'm not too tech savvy, but could the internet router be having issues causing the IP address to change for the Arlo Base?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joescafone,

The extender could be causing an issue. Consider (temporarily) connecting the base directly to the router (rather than to the extender) to see if you get the same results.

JamesC