Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Rickie
Guide
Guide
Why is my cameras all the sudden always say their are busy!!!! Can't do anything with them cause they are showing busy in the settings. Are your servers down again.
13 REPLIES 13
Rickie
Guide
Guide
This is ridiculous. This happened about a month ago and all the sudden they were working perfect now today it's happening again. Getting fed up with this happening again. Lot of money for these pieces of crap!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rickie,

It sounds like you may be trying to stream the cameras when they are actively detecting/recording motion. Consider turning off motion detection and then attempt to stream your cameras. Are you still experiencing this issue?

JamesC

RonTaylorTX
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my system about a month and until recently it was working fine but now I have the same problems other have reported. I have turned all motion detection off, which makes the monitoring of activity somewhat useless. When I attempt to stream any camera, I get "Please wait" and then back to the play button. I have one camera that is about 8 feet from the base station on an outside wall that seems to not connect. I also have the problem reported by a number of other people with a camera that appears to be in constant motion detection and recording. I previously remotely reset the base station and now the restart option is not available. The base station sits next to my cable modem/wireless router and is wired to it. It still tells me I am not connected to the internet from time to time when everything else works with no issue.

Ron

cocodelo
Initiate
Initiate

I am also having this problem - and of course it's happening when I am out of town, and expecting a package to be delivered.  What good is this if it stops working while I'm out of town?  One of my two cameras is stuck in "Busy".  A suggestion is to restart it, but I can't find how to do that without having to sync it again - and I think I need to physically be there to sync.  I tried to restart the base, but it souldn't reset while one of the cameras is "busy".  Any suggestions??  Greatly appreciated!!

DrDoogie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you tried different platforms? If I try to login with my browser (win10/Chrome) I get the same "busy" message, Android app on my phone works flawlessly...Nevertheless, this worked on my pc too until som weeks ago.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try a different browser or flush the cache for the first one. Sometimes logging out and back in helps.

cocodelo
Initiate
Initiate

I tried several things while out of town.  Initially both cameras were down, and one came back but the other didn't.  Once home, I switched position of batteries - they weren't old, so I didn't replace.  This pretty much took the camera completely down, then I resynched and it worked again.  Thanks for all the ideas!

sophiadog
Tutor
Tutor

I have a new camera, From the moment I synced it up yesterday it has said it is "busy". I have used my android phone and Chrome to check the status. I have not been able to get any video of any sort from this camera. I have removed the batteries, re-synced the camera, had the router lock up and reset it and started over again now several times. What else can I try?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It rather sounds like a defective camera since you've reset it multiple times and tried to re-sync it.  I had a camera go bad a while ago with at least similar symptoms.  Your fastest route would be to exchange it at the store you purchased it from or create a trouble ticket for further troubleshooting and possible RMA.

Speaks
Guide
Guide
Help my cameras always say busy. Only one out of 3 working. Only had them two weeks. Help
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A few basic steps to try in order:

- Try logging out and back into the app/browser

- Power cycle the base

- Open and close camera battery doors

Did any of this help?

taratasha
Initiate
Initiate
I agree ever since the update cameras read busy I have 14 cameras hooked up none work next step it goes to my attorney for well over a year never a problem since the update nothing works
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

taratasha,

Consider a reboot of the base station (using the on-off button). Allow the base station to come back online and try again.

What are you attempting to do when the cameras report a busy message?

Do the cameras detect motion and produce library content?

Do you see this behavior from both the mobile app and web client?

JamesC