Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LeesCustomTees
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last time the app on my phone updated this issue started and I have had enough of it by this point.

I can literally walk into my shop, start doing work for almost 20 minutes until these cameras now realize I am here. Doesn't matter if the motion detection is set at 1%, 10%, 50%, 80%, 100% or any percent in between, it still does this. I can literally jump up and down waving in front of the camera before it realizes something is moving.

How do I correct this issue or is this just another ongoing issue with this?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post screenshots of your positions. Maybe we'd have suggestions.

YoTiroPiedra
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not to thread jack but I am having the same issue. I placed the camera inside right by the main door and it only detects motion once the door is open. Doesn't seem to detect through the glass.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Thats normal. PIR detectors don't work through glass

YoTiroPiedra
Aspirant
Aspirant
REALLY?! Thanks for the reply well I'll be selling this and buying something else. Shame really loved the camera.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mount the cameras outdoors as designed.  No glass to interfere.

LeesCustomTees
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not sure what you mean to be honest. Do you mean for me to take an image of where the camera is looking or an image of where the camera is located?

Still I do not see how that would affect motion detction if it has been in the same position since I purchased them and used to alert me. It isn't like there is anything obstructing their view either. One looks across the entirety of my back room and I can walk all around and jump up and down before it realizes something is moving. In the past, I wasn't able to get through the door without it noticing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
By screenshot, I mean to use the phone or computer's ability to capture the screen (edit it if you like) and post it here as an upload or a link. You can also view in the library and use the share capability although that will only last 24 hours.

It's possible something has changed - the exact angle of the camera due to battery changes, etc. or maybe some piece of equipment t has moved, introducing a blockage or interference. It's hard to say over the Internet, hence seeing the view can help. It's also possible that it's bad hardware but you'd have to open a case with support for that.

Just out of curiosity, what firmware is in the base and cameras?