Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
agwood04
Tutor
Tutor

I have had my Arlo camera for about a year and a half. It recently starting doing odd things like it would not pick up on motion.  I removed the device, replaced the batteries, and was trying to re sync to add it back.   The camera will not sync with the base.  It just slowly blinks blue.   Like it is searching for the base station but can't find it.  I had the camera was sitting right next to the base when I was doing the sync.  I have repeated this sync process at least five times over the past few days.

I tried following the instuctions someone posted and plugged in a mini USB and tried to Sync when the mini USB was plugged into the outlet.  This attempt yeilded a fast orange blinking light.  I repated this sync process 3 times, with the same result each time.

Is the camera broken? Or is there something else I should try?

23 REPLIES 23
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you using a quick press on the base sync button....not a 2 sec hold

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mpardo
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue.  My camera was offline for 43 days because of the battery.  I replaced the battery and now it wont sync.  I deleted the device and tried readdign it with no luck.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mpardo,

Consider rebooting the base station and try going through the sync process again.

Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

GeoProfundo
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue with ONE of my five cameras. It may be the one that had dead batteries first (slight delay sourcing new ones at an affordable price).

Camera just does steady blue blink from the moment I press the synch button. No difference if it is a short or long press. Base station does its cycle of green blinking then gives up and goes steady green. Camera never enters fast blink mode.

Base station is Hardware version VMB3010r2, Firmware1.8.1.1_10234

My other 4 cameras are Hardware version H7 and I presume this one is also

other 4 Cameras upgraded to Firmware 1.2.10342 but camera 5 missed this while batteries were down

One of my other cameras was also down, also missed firmware update, but came back OK with new batteries and stayed synched, & called for firmware update.

GeoProfundo
Tutor
Tutor

And I ID try a whole new battery set - no different.

Also, I want to avoid rebooting the base station, if possible, because then I would lose all my other 4 cameras and all the motion setups.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycling/rebooting the base doesn't lose anything.  A RESET will.  Totally different.

cgf
Initiate
Initiate

I was having the same problem described in this thread.  Disconnecting the base from power for 12 seconds and then starting it up again worked!  Thanks!

slopeboy40
Guide
Guide

Solved it!  Had the same problem here.  Powered down the base station for a minute, powered back up and sync worked just fine.

blevination
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem with a slow-blinking blue light and inability to sync with base station (Arlo Pro camera). Camera was working fine, then went offline. I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting camera battery (hoping that would reset camera). I've tried disconnecting / reconnecting power to base station. Nothing seems to work. I removed the camera from my devices. Cannot get it added back. Other cameras (four) are all working fine. Any suggestions?

agwood04
Tutor
Tutor

I tried everything.  Contacting customer support. New batteries, turning the system off and restarting it.  I even unistalled all the other camereas reset the entire system and started over.  After about a month of back and forth with customer support.  I gave up and sold the working cameras on Craigslist and used the funds to buy a new wired in system that works a lot better.  But below are the generic instructions customer support had me start with.  Maybe they will help someone else.

"To bring the camera back online, please follow the steps below:

1. Please turn off the base station and router.
2. After a minute, please power on the ISP router first.
3. Once your Internet connection's back, please power on the Arlo base station.
4. Log out then log back in of the app.
5. Wait for the first 3 lights to turn green on the base.
6. Press the sync button on the base station once (just press then release right after).
7. When the third light starts to blink, press the sync button on the camera.
8. Log out and log back in of the app, then go to Settings > My devices then select the problem camera again.
9. Scroll down to the camera's device information then press the update button for Firmware Version, if any.  "

blevination
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the response, agwood04. I tried the procedure you outlined. Did not work. I'm still stuck with a nonfunctioning camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync as above.  If that doesn't help, open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

blevination
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, jguerdat. I've opened a case with support. Hope I can get this resolved!

MikeCMelb
Initiate
Initiate
Had the same issues initially but reversed netgear advised steps as follows to resolve:-
1. Reset router and base station
2. Position camera about 1 ft away from the base station
3.. Press the sync button on a camera down for 2 seconds (and slow flashing blue light starts)
4. Press the sync button down on the base station (briefly do not hold down for more than half a second) which starts the flashing green light
5. Camera syncs within roughly 10 seconds with mine needing a firmware update
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 for other cameras
cayvman
Tutor
Tutor

Turning the base station off for a minute also resolved my syncing problem as well. This system is becoming more and more finnicky. Seems like this all started after the last firmware update. Created more problems than solved.

blevination
Tutor
Tutor

My case eventually resulted in a determination that my camera was defective. Was still under warranty. Returned the camera and received a replacement. Have had no problems since.

PhilipTs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Disconnect the base station from the power and open the battery door take batteries off from camera.  Make a coffee, any kind so sometime goes by.

Connect base station to power do not power camera up until base is online and lights are green. Now power camera up and go through syncing process.  

Problem solved. 

SecurityGirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Even though this thread started a couple years back, it still helped me with the same issue of just a slow blinking light when I tried to sync the camera. I unplugged the base station, let it sit for about ten seconds, and when I plugged it back in, it indicated a firmware update was needed on the camera. I let it go through that process, and then it synced up fine.

Note: when I unplugged and replugged in the base station, one of the other cameras that was already set up did get pushed off line, so I had to re-sync that one. Otherwise, no issues.

Thanks!

PickleRick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hooray - I tried all the other ways multiple times and the order you laid out finally worked!

Big Thanks

Dbbreed
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried everything. 2 of my 4 cameras will not show in ap after previously removing them after changing batteries. The lights blinking slow, then fast indicate it is synced, but does not show.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Log out and back in. Try both the app and a browser. Any luck?

Jackson-Hung
Initiate
Initiate
Hi, I tried the methods above (pull the plug of base, turn off router, open camera battery cover), it still won’t works. Everytime try to sync the problem camera, it just keep flashing slow blue lights, and won’t sync. It keeps on flashing blue, even the base has given up the syncing. Please help me here.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you press the base sync button, are you holding it? If so, don't. Just briefly press it.