Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Chadillac
Tutor
Tutor

This will be my second system that i could not get working even after calling support the first time with no results. None of my cameras will sync to the basestation. The basestation is online but i can not get any of the cameras to sync. Yes i've tried all the steps and i do not place the camera too far away. I have sucssefully installed my parents system with no problems. Please help before a return a second system. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chadillac
Tutor
Tutor
You were right. I had to disconnect every device that was WiFi connected, reboot the router and base station. Then resync base station. Now the cameras connected.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Chadillac wrote:

This will be my second system that i could not get working even after calling support the first time with no results. None of my cameras will sync to the basestation. The basestation is online but i can not get any of the cameras to sync. Yes i've tried all the steps and i do not place the camera too far away. I have sucssefully installed my parents system with no problems. Please help before a return a second system. Thank you.

Do a full reset of the base.... hold in the reset for 10 secs till the front leds flash.  Let the base come back online.

Do a QUICK push of the base sync button ( don't hold ) and couple of secs later the camera sync button

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Chadillac
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah I've done all that with both systems, still does not work, this is my second brand new unit.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What do the LEDs on the base and cameras do when trying to sync?

Chadillac
Tutor
Tutor

Base station blink green while in sync mode and the cameras blink green for a few seconds then quickly blink amber

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Only thing I can think of is 2.4GHz interference from something near the base. Can you move it elsewhere and try? Perhaps a friend's or neighbor's house although not handy.
Chadillac
Tutor
Tutor
You were right. I had to disconnect every device that was WiFi connected, reboot the router and base station. Then resync base station. Now the cameras connected.