Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JeffKusnitz
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo app said my camera's batteries were dead the other day, so I replaced them. When I put the new ones in, the blue led flickered briefly then nothing happened. I checked the app, and it said the batteries were dead, so I put in four more. The blue led flickered and the app said the batteries were dead, again.

at that point, I tested the batteries' the 4 that were originally in the camera were just over 1 volt; the 8 that I tried (Energizer) were all between 3.0 and 3.2 volts; definitely not dead.

Has anyone seen this? In case it's relevant, a month or so back this same camera went 'offline' for no appparent reason, but came back online when I popped the batteries out for a few minutes and put them back in (the same batteries that are now at about 1 volt each).

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
M-W-ON
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue.  Finally tried the "Remove Device" and "Add New Device" and that got the camera back.  And, a message that said "Firmaware Update Needed."  Not for my other cameras, just the one that I changed batteries in.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be a bad camera but try power cycling the base first.  Also, try removing the camera in Settings, My Devices and sync it again.  If this doesn't help, contact support using the Support link above for more help and maybe an RMA.

M-W-ON
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue.  Finally tried the "Remove Device" and "Add New Device" and that got the camera back.  And, a message that said "Firmaware Update Needed."  Not for my other cameras, just the one that I changed batteries in.

JeffKusnitz
Aspirant
Aspirant

You were both right - removing the device and adding it back in *fixed* the problem.