Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Shjm73
Star
Star
Obviously this is a huge problem. 3 of my 4 cameras updated to latest firmware no problem. One camera will not update. I’ve tried everything suggested on other posts. I’ve reset base station, reset camera, uninstalled camera, checked batteries and still nothing. There’s got to be some type of glitch with this new update? Come on Arlo!!
62 REPLIES 62
Krob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having same issue, stuck on Firmware Update in progress...yada yada for past week.  Tried to remove device, reinstall device, move closer to router etc, still no luck.  Too many have experienced this same issue, this needs to be fixed

Barryjordan23
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue with one of my cameras. Stuck all day trying to update.
scoobasteav
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did anyone ever find a resolution? Could anyone get ahold of support? I am having the same issue. 

lnaber
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep. We have a camera that's been stuck for 2 days now. It's right by the base so, no idea what's going on. Husband tried deleting it and adding it back and it didn't work. 

Seems like a significant enough issue that Arlo should release something about this. Instructions or roll back the firmware. Anything..... 

Rochelle33
Tutor
Tutor

Something!! Same issue here, and reading through everything I dont' see a resolution.  Ugh

Barryjordan23
Aspirant
Aspirant
I turned my base off and back on and camera went back to working. When I looked at it at bedtime, all. Cameras were requesting to update firmware. I checked all 4 to update and all updated with no issues in less than a couple of minutes or so.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot the base station & remove the battery from any firmware stuck cameras? What is the status led displaying o the cameras?

donnafalgout
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried everything, it says that upgrade failed

Rochelle33
Tutor
Tutor
I reset the base, and removed the battery. Both cameras updated firmware and are working!!
dmanhome1
Tutor
Tutor

If it is not one thing, it is another with Arlo/Netgear. I am on my THIRD set of base/3 camera combo, the first two would not sync with the base station. That means there were two sets of three camera or SIX CAMERAS that would not sync with the base. Fortunately, I have a VIP status with Best Buy since I have spent Tens of Thousands of Dollars with them on professional camera gear and big screen TVs, so even though I bought the original set at Best Buy and then had to return the failed system for another complete set, which failed as well over a three month period, the District Manager at Best Buy said he would do whatever necessary to take care of me and he did give me a THIRD 3 camera combo, which finally sync'd with no problems at all. Now, only two weeks after all of that was solved, I have a camera that refuses to update it's firmware and appears to be stuck in the middle of the process. It took me 47 minutes on the phone to attempt to get the barely English speaking SCRIPT READER to understand what I was telling her. She repeated everything I said back to me at least three times, I think it took that long for her to translate what I was saying. Same with the SECOND SCRIPT READER, better but questionable English... only the Tier One Tech spoke English well and tried his best, but he could not solve the problem either. Had I not bought my Arlo systems at Best Buy which allowed me to return them TWICE without question... I would have been SCREWED!  SECURITY EQUIPMENT HAS TO WORK OR ELSE IT IS NOT SECURITY EQUIPMENT.   I am going to try to do a HARD BOOT of the base station again and hardware the camera to AC for the SECOND TIME.  I will let you know what the results are.  When you spend nearly $1,000 for a security system, it really should work better than this.  Oh yeah, since the latest firmware upgrade, which took place just the other day... all of the cameras have slurry movements and less resolution. It never ends with Arlo.

dmanhome1
Tutor
Tutor

Oh yeah... and then there is this silly kidsh#t... Badges? ARE WE TEN YEARS-OLD? 

I have an idea, how about MAKING YOUR SYSTEM STABLE and forget about Kindergarten crap like BADGES.We don't need no stinkin' badges!  We need a product that WORKS AS ADVERTISED.We don't need no stinkin' badges! We need a product that WORKS AS ADVERTISED.

dmanhome1
Tutor
Tutor

SOLVED! Second time was the charm. I pushed the power button on the back of the Arlo Pro base station to turn the power OFF. 

I left the power OFF for about 10 minutes and while it was off, I removed the battery which was registering 80% charge... left the battery out of the camera for about 5 minutes.

I then reinstalled the battery with 80% charge back into the camera that failed the firmware update.

I then depressed the power button on the back of the Arlo Pro base station and everything rebooted.

Upon reboot, Camera 1, Camera 2 and Camera 3 all requested a firmware update. I clicked OK! on all three.

Camera 1 and Camera 2 updated immediately and went back online as they should.

Camera 3 gave me a "Camera refuses firmware update request."

I clicked on the LIBRARY for Camera 3, which had two saved recordings and I clicked to run one of the saved/stored recordings. The recording played. I clicked to play the second saved/stored recording and it played as well.

When I returned to the DEVICES, Camera 3 had finished updating the firmware and was ONLINE and functioning as it should. 

Yes! It is working as it should, but nobody should have to go through all of this to maintain a security camera system working. Not at these prices.

John_at_T_Town
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue. Firmware update has been in process for a few days. I'm not sure what to do so I leave it alone.
Rochelle33
Tutor
Tutor
Try the reset and battery removal that’s what worked for me. Mine had been doing the farm where update for two days
donnafalgout
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried all the suggested fixes. Still does not work. They need to fix this problem. This is ridiculous!!!!

donnafalgout
Tutor
Tutor

NETGEAR Employee

ShayneS is NETGEAR going to address this issue and offer a resolution?
lnaber
Aspirant
Aspirant

Husband fixed the issue by removing the batteries, waiting and then putting them back in. 

alexander_F
Tutor
Tutor

This is unacceptable, I rely on this system as an intergral part of my home security. Now I am abroad and my system is completly down due to a botched firmware update, restarting the base station via the app does not work either. This will be my last Arlo system after using Arlo for 5 years. 

Porkchop205
Initiate
Initiate
Frustrating. One camera is stuck in firmware update too. I am remote which was the whole point of this system. Need a remote fix.
Shjm73
Star
Star
It has been almost 2 months since case opened and still haven’t heard from anyone. What’s going on?? Awful support in my opinion!!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Shjm73,

I have notified customer support about this issue & they will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience as we resolve this.

HutchKC
Initiate
Initiate

Reply to me, too. Same issue. 2 cameras stuck. Moving on to Nest if this doesn't work out soon. 

cloudguy
Initiate
Initiate

My cameras just started functioning on their own since last couple of weeks. I had been resetting my hub and suddenly it ended up working. Not sure what was wrong

alexander_F
Tutor
Tutor

When I got back to the premisses, I just re-booted the router and the Arlo base station. System is running fine since then...

Shjm73
Star
Star
Still no response and yesterday I get an email from arlo support wanting me to take a survey on my issue and the resolution. Needless to say I filled out the survey with very negative responses because my issue hasn’t even been addressed yet. Wow!!! How do you send out a survey and customer hasn’t even had anyone contact them yet to resolve issue. Netgear abs Arlo have dropped the ball on this one.