Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
debugger919
Guide
Guide

Whenever I open the Arlo app on my Android phone I'll get notification saying motion was detected and one of the cameras will start recording, but the fact is there's no motion at all. The app version is 2.2.0_14738 which is the latest, but this problem happens for previous versions as well. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have had this happen every now and then too ( Android as i dont arm with IOS )...

Usu it is the camera that has a lot of light in the room , like the patio doors.  It only occurs now and then and then only right after arming.

I think it may have something to do with the prev PIR info and then becoming active when armed and "seeing' a difference that triggers a false alert.

It has been mentioned before so to put it in the genne pool again , you could put in a trouble ticket.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
dehn001
Tutor
Tutor
I am having the same issue after the recent iOS app update. Every time I go into the app one of my six cameras starts recording. It is always the same camera.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is the camera actually recording? Do you see a new clip in the library when this happens?

Consider removing the affected camera from Settings > My Devices > affected camera > Remove Device to and resync to see if you still get the same behavior.

JamesC

debugger919
Guide
Guide

Yes the cameras were actually recording and new clips were added to the library -- just like there's new motion dectected, but there's no motion at all when I opened the app. I've removed and added cameras before, and I also added a new one, so removing and adding does not solve this probelm.

This might by a different issue, I also noticed after I modified the camera mode on web page (i.e. set recording time for one camera), when I click "save" the cameras will start recording, as if they detected motion.

dehn001
Tutor
Tutor
It does record a new clip each time. It seems it has decreased from happening every time to being sporadic now. All of my cameras are outdoors and removing them/ resyncing them is a hassle.
dehn001
Tutor
Tutor
It is still happening. Whenever I adjust the motion sensitivity, restart the system, restart the camera, or resync it, the one camera triggers every single time. I have noticed it triggers when I enter the app sometimes too.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

debugger919, dehn001

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC