Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Appple
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I set the camera to record for 10 seconds after the motion is detected, but recently it will record first few seconds then skips next few second, then record more up to 10 or 12 seconds. I have tried to set to record 20 second, it still skips the middle section. Any help is appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like an interference or signal problem...

What is the signal level?

A simple test to run ( if you have 2 cameras ) is to swap that camera with another that is working...  See if the problem follows the camera or if it's location.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Appple
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac

The camera in question was the closest one to the router amongst the 4 others, the signal bar was full. But I did try your suggustion. I placed it next to another camera, it still skipped for another hour after that. But last 2 days, it has been recording the full 20 seconds correctly!!! I will keep eye on it and place the other to it's original location (swap them) to see what happens, will reply back here.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Appple wrote:

Thanks TomMac

The camera in question was the closest one to the router amongst the 4 others, the signal bar was full. But I did try your suggustion. I placed it next to another camera, it still skipped for another hour after that. But last 2 days, it has been recording the full 20 seconds correctly!!! I will keep eye on it and place the other to it's original location (swap them) to see what happens, will reply back here.

Good to hear... funny thing is distance doesn't matter if some form of interference is causing the trouble

Morse is faster than texting!