Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Red warning triangle on one of my cameras- showing in 'my devices'

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Macka-
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my 5 cameras has a red warning triangle in the 'my devices' section. The batteries are fine but it seems to be using batteries far quicker than the other 4 cameras despite the same settings. I have removed the device and re-set but the problem keeps persisiting. Can anyone advise a fix?

Thanks

Mack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The red triangle indicates a firmware update is available.  That should clear overnight when automatic updates occur.  However, the rapid depletion of the batteries indicates a weak signal with the camera struggling to maintain a connection with the base.  That may be causing an update issue.  Temporarily move the camera closer to the base, open and close the battery door (or replace batteries) and watch the LED on the camera face - does it flash blue and then blue/amber?  That would indicate the updateis occuring.  Then try a somewhat different location for the camera to improve the connection.  Watch the WiFi indicator for that camera to get the best signal.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RoadGlideSouth
Guide
Guide

Go to each device; device info, then firmware, may need update, if so, update.  This should result in red triangle no longer showing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The red triangle indicates a firmware update is available.  That should clear overnight when automatic updates occur.  However, the rapid depletion of the batteries indicates a weak signal with the camera struggling to maintain a connection with the base.  That may be causing an update issue.  Temporarily move the camera closer to the base, open and close the battery door (or replace batteries) and watch the LED on the camera face - does it flash blue and then blue/amber?  That would indicate the updateis occuring.  Then try a somewhat different location for the camera to improve the connection.  Watch the WiFi indicator for that camera to get the best signal.

Macka-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses. The firmware upgrade did the trick. It was the fact that it took some hours for the Warning trangle to disappear after this process which confused me. 🙂

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have had the red triangles next to each camera (10) for over a week.  Each camera is showing firmware 122688.  The base is using firmware 1735005. Are these current?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Showguy wrote:

I have had the red triangles next to each camera (10) for over a week.  Each camera is showing firmware 122688.  The base is using firmware 1735005. Are these current?

base is 1.7.3-5005

cam is 1.2.4941

Power reboot the base ( via power button ), then  go and click on the triangles.... and check again the next day ( usu happens in early am )

PS; low batteries will prevent the cams from doing a sw update

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------