Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera repair

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ekul
Tutor
Tutor

Camera using batteries can camera be repaired

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have a one year warranty.  Open a case with support.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ekul,

Can you give us more details on the issue? Is the camera dropping offline? What kind of signal strength does the camera have? Do you see this behavior on all cameras?

JamesC

Ekul
Tutor
Tutor

I not sure signal  but close to base station at first work good later had problems moved camera closer to base station last batteries not used much just put new batteries in last batterie 4 weeks called support not much help tried everything they said they would replace it but over 1 year old would like to get it repaired if I can 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ekul,

Does this camera see a lot of usage? The batteries in your Arlo Wire-Free camera last for about four to six months with normal usage. For tips on how to extend battery life, see here: How can I extend my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, or Arlo Go camera’s battery life?

JamesC

Ekul
Tutor
Tutor
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

4 weeks might be normal depending on the total number of minutes of recording and live viewing.  The normal usage is 5 minutes or less per day to get 4-6 months from the batteries.

Ekul
Tutor
Tutor

Four weeks is not normal when you use it about 5 mins. In.  4 weeks  That is 5 mins. total not a day or week