Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Bhutchins
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of my cameras is offline. The other 3 are fine. Batteries are full. I removed the batteries and replaced them and the blue light on camera came on. I tried deactivating the camera and the syncing again. It won't sync! What am I doing wrong?
13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Bhutchins wrote:
One of my cameras is offline. The other 3 are fine. Batteries are full. I removed the batteries and replaced them and the blue light on camera came on. I tried deactivating the camera and the syncing again. It won't sync! What am I doing wrong?

Maybe nothing... steps to try;

1) Pull batteries and then replace, try and re-sync ( remember not to hold base sync button, its a quick push )

1a ) just in case, try a new set of batteries ( netgear will prob want u to try this )

2) restart base via the power button and repeat step 1

3) remove camera completely from under settings, and bring it back as new device, re-sync

4) if none of above works, contact netgear as it may be defective

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
DeeperImage
Tutor
Tutor
Having the exact same problem. I have had nothing but problems with this system and will never ever but another Netgear product. I have ReSynched, wasted several new batteries and even tried different brands to no avail.

This was a great system until the major App and firmware update last year or earlier this year. They absolutely destroyed the system. I would love a refund.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DeeperImage,

I apologize for the poor experience. If you could answer a couple questions it may help us identify the issue.

What is the LED behavior on the camera when trying to sync? What is the LED behavior when opening and closing the battery compartment door?

JamesC

Bhutchins
Aspirant
Aspirant
The LED light on my camera flashes blue when I close the battery compartment. But it won't resynch no matter what I do. I've tried new batteries and everything. My other 3 cameras are working fine.
Bhutchins
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I try to synchronize the led light flashes orange as soon as I press the synch button on the camera.
DeeperImage
Tutor
Tutor

The cameras resync fine for me and system works fine for a day or so. Then the problem starts again.  It is killing my batteries, I have spent nearly $60 in 2 weeks.  I am to the point where I'm just going to smash them entire thing with a hammer as it would be cheaper than keeping it.  

It is not even recording as I have the schedule mode turned off.  So not recording but using lots of batteries.  All the cameras have 5/5 or 4/5 for signal so i'm not out of range. I have not added or changed any devices in the house since about a year when I got the system.   I've used a wifi scanner to make sure there are no crazy signals causing interference.  Something is wrong with the system.  Even since that major app update the entire system has gone downhill. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bhutchins, DeeperImage

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Sameddy2011
Initiate
Initiate

Hi everyone.

i'm also having the same error message on my phone, camera off line.

i purchased five camera and the Arlo router. 

Things work fine for the past couple of weeks. yesterday while at work i tried to Armed the careras and they all off line.

i came home and check my computer, they were online on the computer.

I uninstall the arlo apps on my  (Galaxy Note 5) and reinstall it but get the same error.

It's working fine on my computer.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sameddy2011,

This issue is currently under investigation and has been escalated to the engineering team. Thank you for the feedback and any additional information concerning this issue is appreciated.

JamesC

moodeetoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
My one camera is doing the same thing. Light flashes blue when I open and recluse the battery door but whey I try to sync it only flashes orange. Did you ever get it resolved??
Bhutchins
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried going to the AArlo support team page but can't find a place where I can actually speak with a person at Arlo to find out about getting my camera replaced.  What do I do? 

Bhutchins
Aspirant
Aspirant

No.  Still not resolved.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
In this forum click on the Support link at the top of the page. On the next page click on Contact Support. You will find a drop down form control menu with support phone numbers for various countries and a way to contact support by email through a web form - you need to create an account first (not sure if it's the same as the forum account).