Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
meatwagon
Guide
Guide

One of my cameras have stopped working. I have replaced the batteries several times. The blue light on the camera turns on for about 5 seconds when you close the battery door but after that there is no response from the camera. 

Thanks for the help in advance.

24 REPLIES 24
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon meatwagon,

I am interested to  learn more about the issue you are facing with one of your cameras. In reviewing our most recent data center log it appears one of your cameras need a firmware update. You may want to try and swap the batteries from the working camera.

Once you have replaced the batteries and closed the battery door observe the front of the camera to see if you still get the blue LED to illuminate for approximately 5 seconds. If so, please continue to observe the camera as it should display an alternating blue and amber blinking LED cycle. This is an indication that the firmware is updating. This process should NOT be interrupted by opening the battery door or the camera may become inoperable.

If the the camera has become inoperable please let me know and we can open a support case for you and initiate the RMA process.

I look forward to you next update.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
meatwagon
Guide
Guide

Not seeing any activity from the camera (Camera #1) other than the blue LED for 5 seconds after initial power up/ battery door close. Watched the camera for a couple of minutes and there was no LED activity.

On the camera portal access screen, it's showing the camera as 'offline'.

I just replaced the batteries in Camera #2 and it acted as you noted, the blue and amber lights alternated until the camera updated the firmware and it's working fine.

Camera #1 looks to be dead in the water. Perhaps the camera attempted to update the firmware and the batteries died in the process?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Meatwagon

meatwagon
Guide
Guide

Any help on resolving this issue for me is much appreciated!

Meatwagon

Honda
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Support link above and place a trouble ticket

Bjørndalen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I got a blue light, but not any amber. New Batteries.

dansfast59
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do think i open to ckeck battieswell it was firmware. what can i do 

dansfast59
Aspirant
Aspirant

need rma process

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Support link at the top of these pages.  You have to create a trouble ticket to get an RMA.

dansfast59
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I do that
dansfast59
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I create a trouble ticket to get an RMA
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

See the Support link at the top of the page?  Click it and then on the contact support link in that page.  Not hard.

dansfast59
Aspirant
Aspirant
Need to open a support case for me and initiate the RMA process thanks
dansfast59
Aspirant
Aspirant
Iget all lights but it's not doing anything after that it just keeps showing red light s
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dansfast59,

Are you seeing a flashing amber light on the camera? This could be an indicator of dead batteries.

JamesC

dansfast59
Aspirant
Aspirant

no batties r good i will try and change them see what hap, thanks

dansfast59
Aspirant
Aspirant

can someone help me get this cam going again i have tryed everything that i have seen i even rebot the cam,reset, new batties. it was good when i got cam i think i open it when it was film.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Create a trouble ticket.  The camera may simply be bad.

meatwagon
Guide
Guide

@dansfast59

You need to create your own trouble ticket with the Arlo team. They will set you up with an RMA so you can return the defective camera. Once they confirm receipt of the camera, they will ship you a replacement.

If you don't want to wait for them to send you a replacement camera, you can pay an additional shipping charge (I believe it was around $16) and they will ship you a camera. Once you receive the new one you return ship the faulty camera in the box they provide.

Pretty easy process.

meatwagon

Natush
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem, one of the cameras stopped working.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Natush,

When you say that camera is not working, are you getting an error message when trying to view the camera? What is indicating that the camera is not working? Some things to try:

1. Power cycle the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door

2. Power cycle the base station.

3. Replace the batteries with a fresh set.

How long have you been experiencing this behavior? Please let us know more details so that we can help isolate the issue further!

JamesC

Allypjc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with two of my four cameras. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Allypjc,

What is indicating the camera is not working? Are you seeing an error message?

Consider opening and closing the battery compartment door on the camera. Pay close attention to the LED behavior, this may indicate low or dead batteries. Consider a fresh set and try again.

JamesC

stevegill
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem and this is how I resolved it.  Using the Arlo iPhone app I removed the device (camera).  Then I pressed the sync button on the base station and the camera.  Once it synced I got an error message that said the firmware was out of date.  I updated the firmware and now the camera works again.

I don't know whether or not this is the solution for anyone else who has the problem but it worked for me.

HTH.

= Steve